DisFanChat Asks: What is a Character Palooza?
In this week's DisFanChat edition of Mouse Fan Mondays we ask the question: What is a Character Palooza?
Our topic for this week will be all about Disney Character Meet and Greets. Find out
- Where to go for the best Character Meet and Greet interaction
- Should you use a Fast Pass + for character meet and greet
- Who is the most hug-able Disney Character to meet
- Where and how to meet rare Disney characters (including those at a Character Palooza)
- and more...
Be sure to tune in on Twitter.
Instructions for how to do a Twitter party are located at the bottom of this post. Click here to go there now.
This post contains both text and image affiliate links. If you sign up using these links I earn a small amount as a commission. You can read more about affiliate linking here
So what in the Disney World is a Character Palooza?
A Disney Character Palooza is a secret
not so secret special character meet and greet that occurs at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
The event happens "most days" outside the park entrance between the hours of 4 and 7 pm.
Do not enter the park! The characters will come out around the front gate area.
While it is a pseudo secret, it does happen on a regular basis. You can use social media to try to find the schedule. Use #characterpalooza or check out Kenny The Pirate who offers a schedule on his website based upon previous somewhat predictable occurrences.
Who can I meet at a Disney Character Palooza?
The really fun thing about a character palooza is that the characters are random.
You never know for sure who will be there, but oftentimes, it will be a more rare character not readily available in other parts of the park.
However, on two separate occasions, we met Aladdin.
Jasmine accompanied Aladdin on our second Character Palooza.
One never goes wrong when a princess meet and greet is involved.
Sometimes the not so rare more classic characters can also show up at a Disney Character Palooza!
Our family loves making it to the Disney Character Palooza. It's a fun and unique opportunity to meet some characters you might not otherwise meet unless attending a spicial holiday event such as the Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party or the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
A Few More Tips and Tricks
- Don't be discouraged if you miss it as the timing can be unpredictable
- Use social media to track timing of characters
- No photo pass is available so have your phones charged and ready
- As it is later in the day, children may be extra tired and cranky (experience speaking here) so be prepared with snacks and water to stay hydrated while you wait
- Characters will sign autographs if able so have them ready
- Cast members won't generally answer questions about the Palooza, but you will see a crowd waiting if you are there a the right time
More Ways To Share on Facebook
Join the DisFanChat Party
Upcoming DisFanChat Topics Include:
- What Makes Disney So Magical?
- Dapper Days at Disney
- Halloween Disney Costume Shares
- Much more
Be sure to use #disfanchat to join in! Not sure how to do that? Keep reading!
How To Participate In A Twitter Party:
- Simply log into to your Twitter page
- Type the relevant # in the search bar. In our case #disfanchat
- Scroll to the top of the page and click the link that says “Latest” in order to keep up with the last posts
- Reply to the questions as they are posted and enjoy the “chatter” that happens around each.
- Don’t worry if you get “behind” arrive “late” or feel like you are lost. Just hop in, meet and follow other Disney friends and fans, and have fun! After a few parties, you will get the swing of it!