These RV campgrounds near Chesapeake, VA, are the perfect base camp while you explore this charming city in Virginia. Use this RV camping resource guide to plan your perfect camping vacation surrounded by the natural beauty and fun family attractions in Chesapeake.
Located in the heart of Coastal Virginia, Chesapeake is home to numerous camping sites that offer a unique blend of natural beauty, rich history, and modern amenities.
In this article, we will take a closer look at some of the top RV campgrounds near Chesapeake, VA, and what makes each of them special.
Whether you’re seeking a relaxing weekend getaway or an adventurous outdoor experience, Chesapeake has something for everyone.
What do you need for first-time RV camping?
RV camping is a fun and exciting way to explore the great outdoors and experience the freedom of the open road.
Whether you’re a seasoned camper or a first-time RV adventurer, there are some essential items you’ll need to make your trip comfortable, safe, and enjoyable.
Check out our list of everything you need for your first-time RV camping experience!
- Bedding: Make sure to pack comfortable bedding, including pillows and throw blankets. You might also want to consider bringing sleeping bags for extra warmth.
- Kitchen Supplies: You’ll need to pack basic kitchen supplies such as dishes, utensils, instapot, and an Aeropress for coffee on the go. You can also bring a portable grill or stove for outdoor cooking. Check out these RV outdoor kitchen hacks to learn how to maximize your outdoor space.
- Food and Water: Plan your meals and bring enough food and water for your trip. It’s also a good idea to pack some non-perishable snacks. if you’re going hiking with kids, check out our top picks for the best hydration packs for kids to keep them hydrated throughout the day.
- Personal Items: Don’t forget to pack personal items such as toiletries, towels, and clothing. You might also want to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and a first-aid kit.
- Entertainment: Bring games, books, and other forms of entertainment to keep you occupied during downtime.
- Navigation Tools: It’s essential to have navigation tools such as an RV GPS device or map to help you plan your route and navigate unfamiliar areas.
- Safety Equipment: You’ll need to pack safety equipment such as a fire extinguisher, smoke detector, and carbon monoxide detector.
- Campground Reservation: Make sure to reserve a spot at a campground or RV park before your trip. It’s also a good idea to research the campground’s amenities and rules beforehand.
As a first-time RV camper, it’s important to plan and prepare accordingly. With these tips in mind, you’ll be ready to embark on your RV camping adventure with confidence and enjoyment.
Shop My Favorite Camping Coolers
The following Rotomolded Coolers are some of my favorite brands and represent the best camping coolers on the market. If you need something that will keep your camping meals fresh all week, these are the coolers to choose! Yes, these are affiliate links.
Download Our FREE RV Kitchen Checklist
More Recommended Resources
Looking for a campground this camping season? Check out these RV campgrounds in Tennessee that are highly recommended by RVers.
Check out these fun camping games for families for quality bonding on the campground.