Don’t let the cold weather stop you from enjoying recreational ATV riding! Here is a guide to some of the best places for ATV riding in the snow.
There’s something about riding an ATV in the snow that just can’t be beaten. Maybe it’s the feeling of freedom as you zip through the powder, or maybe it’s the challenge of conquering tough terrain. Whatever the reason, it’s a sure way to get your adrenaline pumping.
When most people think of ATVs, they think of summertime and mud puddles. However, ATVs are just as much fun in the snow! There are many great places to go ATV riding in the snow, but here are some of our favorites.
What Do You Wear To An ATV In The Winter?
There are a few different things that you can wear to stay warm while riding your ATV in the wintertime. Here are a few suggestions:
- Wear a good pair of boots that will keep your feet warm and dry. Make sure they have good traction so you don’t slip and fall while riding.
- Wear several layers of clothing that you can peel off if you start to get too warm. You want to be able to regulate your body temperature so you don’t get too cold or too hot.
- A good pair of gloves is essential to keep your hands warm. Look for ones that are waterproof and have good grip so you can still operate the controls on your ATV.
- A helmet is always important to wear, no matter what time of year it is. But in the winter, a helmet with a visor can help keep the cold wind out of your face.
Finally, be sure to dress in bright colors so you are visible to other riders and drivers. In the wintertime, the days are shorter and there is often less light, so it’s important to be as visible as possible.
With the proper clothing and gear, you can stay warm and enjoy riding your ATV in the wintertime. Just be sure to dress for the conditions and take it slow at first until you get used to the colder temperatures.
What Should You Do To Start An ATV When The Engine Is Cold?
Start your ATV’s engine and let it idle for 10 minutes to warm up before you begin operating it. This will allow the heat from your engine to warm other parts of the vehicle so that they function properly. After you take off, avoid going faster than 5 mph for a few minutes.
Fun ATV Riding Clothes
While protective gear is essential on the trail, it’s ok to look cute and share your wilder riding side with the world. I’m a big fan of ball caps and love this adorable “ATV hair, Don’t Care” hat from Sew Vivid Design on Etsy. Be sure to Check out all this cute ATV apparel.
Get This FREE ATV Pre Ride Inspection Checklist Now!
Recommended ATV Riding Resources
- Top ATV Trails Near Me in the Southeast
- Must-Have ATV Accessories
- ATV Riding Clothes– Everything you need to get started
- ATV Trails Near Me Facebook Group
More Related Resources
Before your go ATV riding in winter, don’t forget to pack these Winter ATV essentials that will help you and your ride get through the colder months with no fuss. If you can’t wait for the snow to come, check out our post on the best ATV Riding Tours In The Southeast or go off-roading in Sayulita, Mexico.