When it comes to recreational ATV riding, protecting your eyes is non-negotiable. That’s why you need to pick the best ATV goggles for your eyes before hitting the trails.
ATV goggles work in conjunction with ATV helmets to provide overall protection to the face and head. If you haven’t bought yourself a pair yet, here are my top picks for 2023!
While all ATV goggles are meant to protect the eyes from dirt and debris, they should also provide excellent visual clarity.
Since not all goggles do this, I’ve done the research for you and chosen the goggles as the best overall goggles for ATV riding.
In a hurry? Go straight to our #1 Best ATV Goggles
Can You Wear Glasses with ATV Goggles?
Yes, there are numerous ATV Goggles designed to be worn with glasses. You can easily identify over-the-glasses goggles because they often have the acronym OTG in the model name.
Polarized ATV Goggles
If you search for Polarized ATV Goggles you may have a bit of difficulty finding them. Most Polarized Goggles are listed as “snow goggles” and are meant for snowboarding and skiing. If you are interested in a pair of polarized ATV goggles, you can read about skiing goggles on our site.
However, if you’d like to invest in a pair of excellent ATV goggles that provide the same level of clarity and visibility as polarized lenses, consider these excellent ATV goggles with Prizm lenses:
What Should I Look For in an ATV Riding Goggle?
When choosing a pair of ATV goggles, there are several features to consider to ensure you purchase the best goggles for your needs.
- Safety– You want as durable and impact resistant a lens as you can afford.
- Visibility– Consider the visibility asking yourself the following questions.
- Do they have anti-glare?
- Are they polarized or do they have Prizm for best visibility?
- How wide is your field of vision when you wear them?
- What type of UV protection do they offer?
- Are they tinted?
- Comfort– Comfort. There are really only two sizes of ATV goggles: Adult and Youth. However, there are various adjustments and features which enable you to get a good fit. It is advisable to consider the size of your ATV helmet when purchasing your ATV goggles and read carefully reviews about fit for the ATV goggles you choose.
Check out the Best ATV Helmets For Trail Riding In 2023
- Riding Style– It is also important to consider where and how you ride your ATV most often. If you ride a lot in sandy or dusty conditions, you will want to consider a Sand ATV Goggle. If plan to do a lot of group ATV riding or riding on Adventure tracks where risk of rocks and debris hitting your face is increased, you will want to invest in high impact lenses.
- Glasses- If you wear glasses on the trail, you will want to get an ATV goggle with an OTG feature (Over the glasses). This feature has a notch in the side of the goggles which allows room for your eyeglass frame and prevents pinching.
- Parts Replacement– Tear away, replacement, and the ability to switch from clear to tinted lenses is a nice feature. Most entry level cheap ATV goggles will not likely have this feature.
Fun ATV Riding Clothes
While protective gear is essential on the trail, it’s ok to look cute and share your wilder riding side with the world. I’m a big fan of ball caps and love this adorable “ATV hair, Don’t Care” hat from Sew Vivid Design on Etsy. Be sure to Check out all this cute ATV apparel.