If you’re daydreaming of sand, waves, and some sun, then you’re in luck! In this RV camping resource guide, I will share with you the best beach camping destinations the east coast has to offer.
Aside from the soft waves and a view of the sunset, the warm weather also makes these beach camping destinations popular for frozen northerners seeking escape from the cold.
To ensure that you’re one step away from that beach camping trip you’ve been daydreaming about, we have rounded up 68 beach camping destinations that will make you plan your trip right away!
Beach Camping Packing List
Reading a book while working on your tan, watching the kids building a sand castle, and enjoying the barbeque grilled up by hubby is the definition of a vacation that’s one for the books.
It would definitely be a bummer if you forget your sunscreen and would have to stay indoors during the day.
Here are some of the beach camping essentials we think you should include in your packing list.
- High SPF Sunscreen: I admit, I am not the best at this, but with kids and lots of allergies, we found that Badger Brand sunscreen is the only sunscreen the entire family can use and we love it.
- Adorable sun hats for the kids: We love these cute hats for kids by Bienvenu
- Mom needs a new hat too: I do love to get a new hat for the beach and bike riding.
- Sunglasses: Being married to an eye doctor, I can’t forget this one. Contact us and mention this article for a discount on a new pair of suns for your trip.
- Swimsuits: Never leave home without this important item!!
- Reading material- Before kids, I enjoyed reading on the beach. This pass time is harder to come by, but you never know. Why not enjoy a mystery set on the island!!
- Your favorite camera– Here’s the one we love for our travels.
Keep scrolling to check out the 68 beach camping destinations!
Can you sleep in a tent on the beach in Florida?
No. You cannot sleep along developed beach areas where there are restaurants and where people have built their houses.
However, there are still free camping sites along the beach in Florida that are supervised by the Bureau for Land Management, and the U.S. Forest Service where you can put up your tents.
Download This FREE RV Kitchen Checklist!
More RV Camping Resources
- RV Checklists For Every Need
- RV Campgrounds Throughout the Southeast
- Camping Meals You Will Love To Prep
- RV Camping Organization Hacks For The Whole Camper
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
While you’re there, you might want to check out this article on the top 5 destinations for ATV Trails in South Carolina so you can explore the place while ATV riding.