Pontoon boats have always been a crowd favorite because of their versatility and great value for money. Aside from being excellent boats for parties and water sports, some toons are also made to fit the life of fishing enthusiasts. Today, let’s take a look at the best fishing pontoon boats on the market that will widen your interest in one of America’s beloved water activity which is fishing.
Do Pontoon Boats Make Good Fishing Boats?
Unlike those pontoons that our parents or grandparents used to have, modern-day toons are much more advanced and come in models that are designed for some serious fishing. Here are the reasons why pontoon boats make good fishing boats;
- Provide better stability– because of its large decks and floorplans, pontoon boats have great stability on the water. With better balance, people on board can walk around without scaring the fish away.
- Plenty of Storage – Pontoon boats have enough room to store all your fishing gear and accessories so you’ll be able to move more freely.
- More Space for Your Fishing Buddies– Pontoon boats are known for being spacious so bringing along your family or fishing buddies won’t be a problem. Just make sure that you’re following the maximum person capacity indicated on the owner’s manual.
- Are Usually Cheaper Than other Fishing boats– brand new fishing boats are more pricey compared to pontoon boats. The reason behind this is because of the more expensive fiberglass hull of traditional fishing boats and they tend to have bigger engines compared to pontoon boats.
- Slow and Steady– This unique feature of pontoon boats is certainly a plus when it comes to fishing so as not to scare some fish away.
- You can cook meals right on your Boats– Some luxury pontoon boat models come with a kitchen where you can cook your freshly caught fish. Other than this, you can also attach pontoon boat grills which are readily available in the market.
Related Reading: Best Pontoon Boat Grills [2021 Buying Guide]
What Are The Best Fishing Pontoon Boats?
You don’t have to choose between cruising or fishing because fishing pontoons lets you enjoy the best of both worlds. Fishing pontoon boats offer all the benefits of a standard pontoon boats and comes with some great features that are perfect for anglers. Here are our top choices for the best fishing pontoon boats this 2021.
Sylvan L3 Party Fish
With the Sylvan L3 Party Fish pontoon boat, you’ll be able to enjoy cruising through the waters and go fishing anytime you want. The boat can easily accommodate 12 people so you can take your friends and family on board. The front and mid sections of the boat feature plush, luxurious furniture for the ultimate relaxation on the water while the back 2 seats are the perfect spots for some serious fishing. For anglers, this pontoon boat comes with rod holders, high-back fishing chairs, a fishing station with Livewell, and rod storage. After the fishing time is over, boaters can relax in the port back-to-back lounge.
- Length : 23’10”
- Max Horsepower: 150 hp
- Fuel Capacity: 38 gal
- Max Persons: 12 / 1650 lbs
- Dry Weight: 2100 lbs
- Extended Rear Deck
- Change Room
- 10′ Bimini Top
- Extreme Tilt Steering
- Stainless Steel 4-Step Telescoping Ladder
- AM/FM Stereo w/ Bluetooth
Check out Sylvan Marine for more info
Sun Tracker Fishin’ Barge 20 DLX
The Sun Tracker Fishin’ Barge 20 DLX is perfect for a fun and relaxing family getaway and some serious fishing as well. Anglers will love the fore and aft fishing decks which include three casting chairs and two aerated livewells which totals to 18 Gallons. You’ll also find plenty of rod holders which are very helpful when fishing for long periods. For those non-fishing moments, the Fishin’ Barge 20 DLX offers some great features such as a Bimini top that extends to provide 10′ of coverage and plenty of storage spaces perfect for your valuables and gears.
Starting Price: $28,395
- Length 21′ 11”
- Max. Recommended HP 90 HP
- Fuel Capacity 32.1 gal.
- Max. Person Capacity 10 persons
- Average Dry Weight 1940 lbs.
- Bimini top that extends to provide 10′ of coverage
- Fishing chairs
- rod holders
- two aerated livewells
- Woven floor
Check out Sun Tracker for more info
Premier 220 Cast-A-Way
Enjoy good times on the water with the Premier 220 Cast-A-Way fishing pontoon that is packed with so many great features for the boaters in general and for those people who enjoy fishing. It became one of the best fishing pontoons on the market because it offers 360 degrees of accessible fishing and includes four premium fishing spots, two live wells, a rod locker, and a 3-in-1 active imaging transducer. Fun and relaxation are definitely in the bag with the Premier Ultrafabric material and highly engineered upholstery, unmatched audio system, and advanced hull technology that provides better handling and performance.
- Length: 23′ 4″
- Width: 8′ 6″
- Max HP: 250
- Max Seating Capacity: 14 – 16
- Weight(lbs): 2,250 – 2,750
- 25″ .090″ tubes
- Rubber gunnel
- Select soft-touch furniture
- Deputy bow chairs
- Ricochet ladder
- 11′ Evolution bimini
- Changing room
- Kidney legacy table
Check out Premier Marine for more info
SunChaser Geneva 22 Fish DLX 4.0
Whether you’re just looking for a fun time on the water or you’re in it for the catch, the Geneva 22 Fish DLX 4.0 is a great fishing pontoon boat option. It has plenty of space with a maximum seating capacity that can easily accommodate up to 11 people. It features excellent features for fishing which includes a rear fishing station w/ 2 fishing seats, Livewell, and rod holders. Under the cover of the 10’ bimini top is a massive port-side lounge seat perfect for lounging and relaxing.
- Length : 22′ 9″
- Max HP: 150
- Dry Weight: 2100 lb
- Max Persons: 11
- Fuel Capacity: 30 gal
- Fiberglass Console with Cooler Storage
- Vinyl Aft Boarding Area
- 30” Gates
- Rotary Steering
- 10′ Bimini Top
- Rear Fishing Station w/ 2 Fishing Seats
Check out SunChaser Boats for more info
Sylvan Mirage Fish 820 4-PT
Sylvan Mirage Fish 820 4-PT is regarded as one of the best fishing pontoon boats on the market because of its family and fishing-friendly features. For its fishing features, Fish 820 4-PT offers a rear fishing station with 4 fishing seats, rod holders, and a built-in Livewell for greater convenience while fishing. Along with these features, this pontoon boat offers plenty of room for the whole family which can accommodate up to a maximum of 9 people.
- Length: 20’10”
- Max Horsepower: 90 hp
- Max Persons: 9 / 1210 lbs
- Dry Weight: 1875 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 21 gal
- Fishing Rod Holders
- 4 Fishing Pedestal Chairs
- Extreme Steering
- Cooler Table
- High Back Helm Chair that swivels & Slides
Check out Sylvan Marine for more info
Avalon Catalina Quad Fish
One of the best and most unique pontoon boats on the market is the Avalon Catalina Quad Fish. It combines the luxury of cruising and then offers fishing features that will simply get anglers hooked. Avalon Catalina is offered in two layouts, The Rear Fish & Quad Fish. For those who put fishing above cruising, the Avalon Catalina Quad Fish is the way to go. By choosing this, anglers will enjoy features that include a fishfinder, fishing stations with rotating chairs, Livewell, and rod holders.
Starting Price: $40,170
- Length: Available in 23′ 5″ and 25′ 5″
- Pontoon Diameter: 25″
- Dry Weight: 2,150 and 2450
- Max People Capacity: 11 and 13
- Tach, Volt, Fuel Gauges
- Table – Greywood Large Kidney
- Garmin Striker 5CV Color Fishfinder / Depth Finder
- Livewell in Front of Captain Stand (QF ONLY)
- Rear Fishing Center with Rod Holders & Livewell
- Tackle Trays with Rear Sink & Access Door
Check out Avalon for more info
You Might Also Be Interested In our Other Outdoor Living Posts