It’s finally here. Springtime has arrived, the kids are on break, and you are itching to go to the best places to travel and shake off those winter blues. Check out the best places to travel in March in the US.
If you are planning a trip for the spring break of St. Patrick’s day and want fun family-friendly places to travel this March, these options offer plenty of fun and adventure.
With the winter giving way to the warmer spring season, it’s an excellent time to travel and explore new destinations.
From national parks to urban getaways, the US offers plenty of options for those seeking a memorable vacation. Take a look at these 5 kid-friendly best places to travel in March in the US.
Where Is The Cheapest Place To Travel To In March?
As winter draws to a close, March is the perfect time to travel to an affordable destination without sacrificing great experiences.
From exotic beaches to historical cities, there are plenty of destinations around the world that offer budget-friendly options for travelers seeking an unforgettable adventure.
March can be a great time to travel within the United States, as it falls outside of peak travel season for many destinations. Some of the cheapest places to travel to in March in the US include:
- The Great Smoky Mountains: The Great Smoky Mountains offer affordable lodging (check out this 5-bedroom cabin in Gatlinburg), free outdoor activities, and natural beauty that doesn’t require an admission fee. East Tennessee vacations are always one of a kind!
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: This coastal destination offers affordable beachfront accommodations, beautiful weather, and plenty of family-friendly attractions. Try oceanfront camping in Myrtle Beach for a fun-filled adventure!
- Arizona: Arizona’s warm weather and stunning natural landscapes make it a great destination for a spring break vacation. Check out the Grand Canyon National Park and Havasupai Falls.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: This desert oasis offers affordable accommodations, free attractions, and plenty of entertainment options.
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Despite being a popular tourist destination, New Orleans can be surprisingly affordable in March. Enjoy the food, music, and festivities of Mardi Gras season without breaking the bank.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico: This southwestern city offers beautiful landscapes, cultural attractions, and a low cost of living. March is a great time to visit for the annual Albuquerque Beer Week and the Gathering of Nations Powwow.
Remember to compare prices and book in advance to get the best deals on flights and accommodations.
For more resources, check out our blog post on cheap family vacations in March so you can start planning you’re ultimate getaway.
Related Travel Reading
- 18 Cheap Family Vacations in the US You Won’t Believe!
- Cheap Family Vacations in the South
- 8 Cheap Family Vacations in Florida
- 7 Cheap Family Vacations in Tennessee
More Recommended Resources
Now that camping season is just around the corner, you might want to try exploring Southeast Tennessee. Check out these things to do in the Smoky Mountains in March.
Also, keep yourselves busy at the camp and try going on a nature scavenger hunt with kids for a more fun-filled trip.
50+ Things To Do In The Smoky Mountains PLUS Where To Stay & Eat
Thursday 27th of February 2020
[…] I mentioned, snowfall can and often does occur in early spring, but Spring is still a great time to visit the Smoky Mountains and as the temperatures rise in […]
7 Best Places to Travel Without a Car in the US- Best US Walkable Cities
Friday 14th of February 2020
[…] car) to a nearby US city for some tourism on foot, check out these 7 totally walkable and amazing best places to travel in the US without a […]
Catherine @ To & Fro Fam
Tuesday 21st of January 2020
I haven't been to most of these places but definitely want to now more than ever! Thanks for including my recommendation in the mix. See you on the road! :)