Are you looking for the best places to travel in Spring? This guide will help you find the best places to travel in the US in May.
In May, many Spring break vacationers have already returned to work and school in the US.
The Spring temperatures are beginning to rise, but hotel rates are generally very reasonable throughout the entire month until the official summer season kicks off on Memorial Day weekend.
Here are the best places to go in May in the USA!
May is an excellent time to vacation in the USA if you are looking for outdoor adventure and a great deal. Some of the best places to travel in the US are made even better in May.
Best Places To Travel In May in the US
As traveling homeschoolers, our family loves to take advantage of travel in May because the schools are not out yet, but the weather is already getting warmer.
Our family has chosen to travel in May for vacations for over 25 years, and it continues to be one of our favorite times of the year to road trip in the US.
Many of our favorite vacation memories are from hiking in the national parks free from mosquitos in May or lounging on a nearly deserted beach in South Florida.
Whether your family loves to hike, camp, or just sit on the beach, there is a great US destination to suit your tastes. The list is endless, and the time of year can’t be beaten.
Indeed, you can pick the type and location for your May family vacation. Consider these ideas:
- Hiking In US National Parks
- RV camping in Your Local State Park
- Get a Florida Vacation Rental and Have the Beach To Yourself
- Relax in a Cabin in the Smoky Mountains
- Take A Road Trip To See Historic Sites Along The East Coast
Best Warm Places To Travel In May In the USA
May can be a great time to soak up some sunshine as the spring reaches its end. Here are some warm places to visit in May in the USA.
- South Padre Island. Found at the southeastern tip of Texas, South Padre Island is a popular Spring break destination. With its over 33 miles of beaches, restaurants, family-friendly hotels, resorts, and various attractions, it’s definitely the perfect destination for any age in May.
- Honolulu, Hawaii. Spring for some parts of the US means increased rain, but not in Hawaii. In May you will also start to experience a rise in temperature ranging from a very comfortable 80 to 85 F. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the beach or the water with the whole family.
- Miami Beach. For many vacationers, one of the best times to visit Miami Beach is in May when the weather presents temperatures ranging from the high 70s and low 80s during the day. May in Miami beach means endless sunbathing, and lots of time to stroll around the beach and splash around the water.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. May is a great time to visit Myrtle Beach as the summer crowd hasn’t fully arrived yet. Relax, dig your toes into the sand and take a dip in the ocean or perhaps try out a new water sport when you visit Myrtle Beach in May.
Download Your FREE Family Travel Planner
More Places to Travel in the US
- Best Places To Travel With A Baby In The US
- Best Places To Travel In The US In June
- Best Places To Travel In The US With Toddlers
- 18 Cheap Family Vacations In The US You Won’t Believe!
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide