Have you ever dreamed of grilled burgers in pontoon boats? We’ll make it happen in this boating resource guide! Here are the best pontoon boat grills that are easy to use so you’ll never have to miss out on the smoky goodness of your favorite grilled meats.
Check out these awesome selections of pontoon boat grills that are very convenient whether you’re preparing meals for the family or having a fun BBQ party on board.
Can You Grill on A Pontoon Boat?
Yes, you can grill on a pontoon boat.
There is a wide range of grills specifically designed to function on a pontoon boat setup. Safely secure your grills on the boat rails and follow the safety tips, and you can enjoy grilling on the boat!
Ready to buy a pontoon grill? Be sure to consider these factors when buying your grill.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Pontoon Boat Grills
Grilling on a pontoon boat can be a lot of fun.
There are a variety of grills designed to fit pontoon boats and to help you choose the best pontoon boat grills, here are some of the most important features you should keep an eye on.
More than the overall dimension of the grill, it’s very important to pay attention to its grilling surface. This determines how much meat you can grill at a time, and is especially important when you’re with a larger group of people or bringing along the whole family for your boat trips.
Types Of Fuel
Grills work by using charcoal or gas. The charcoal grill is popular among BBQ enthusiasts since it produces that original smoky flavor everyone loves, but it is not the most ideal when on boats because it can be difficult to handle and a bit messy. Gas Fuels such as propane are more convenient and easier to use when you’re boating.
The best pontoon boat grills are portable and convenient enough to be carried from one place to another. In order to keep boat life fun, you need a portable grill that is convenient to use.
Material & Construction
Stainless steel construction is probably the most common material used in making marine equipment and tools, and also applies to boat grills. Stainless steel is versatile, durable, and can withstand the different weather conditions you might face while boating. They are also corrosion resistant which is very important when boating.
Wind greatly affects gas and charcoal grills more than anything else. Windy conditions can affect the heat output of your grills which in turn affect the taste and quality of your grilled meats. Make sure you look for wind protection features like grill covers and lids.
Pontoon Boat Grilling Safety Tips
Safety is one of the top priorities when it comes to boat grill in general. One wrong move and you’re on your way to disaster, so make sure you follow these safety reminders the next time you head out to the water and cook BBQs on board.
- Do not grill while your boat is moving. Only grill when your boat is tied up or anchored.
- Make sure your grills/flames are downwind of your Biminis and other flammable materials like fabrics.
- Never leave the lit grills unattended.
- For Charcoal grills, don’t let hot embers fall on the deck or other parts of the boat.
- Check the grill manual for a proper grill setup and use
- Ensure that the gas fuels for your grills are leak-free
- Make sure you turn off your grills after cooking and let them cool down totally before storing them.
- Check your marina for dock rules and regulations when it comes to grilling/cooking BBQs.
- Do not throw the ashes or coals overboard, keep the ashes contained and dispose of them when you’re on the shore.
Pontoon Boat Accessories
Pontoon boats are a great way to have some outdoor family fun on the lake or a party with friends out on the open sea. Check out these practical must-have pontoon boat accessories to add to your boat for smooth sailing.
Download Your FREE Boating Pre-Departure Checklist
Recommended Boating Resources
- Recommended Pontoon Boat Accessories
- Best Boat Snacks– These are easy to make and yummy, too
- Pontoon Boat Hacks– Simplify your days on the water with these boating hacks
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Now that you have bought a pontoon boat grill, you can start grilling to your heart’s desire. Check out some lunch ideas for boating and surprise your family when you go boating this weekend.
Why not also try this Margarita Mocktail recipe that’s light, fresh, and alcohol-free, for a more refreshing and relaxing weekend getaway.