Buying an RV is a big investment, and it’s important to ensure you invest in a top-quality vehicle for your RV camping adventures. We’ve decided to review some of the best RV brands on the market because, with hundreds of RV manufacturers on the market today, we know it can be hard to know where to begin.
It’s important to consider the quality of construction, features, warranty, and customer service of each RV brand, as well as its overall customer satisfaction ratings when purchasing your first camper.
Check out our top picks for the best RV brands! We hope this review helps you find the perfect RV to explore the great outdoors.
What Qualities Make A Top RV Brand?
The best RV brands have qualities that truly stand out from the rest. They have well-designed interiors and exteriors that make them look stylish and modern.
They also provide a comfortable ride with plenty of storage space, luxurious amenities, and the latest technology features.
Not only that, but the top RV manufacturers also offer excellent warranties to ensure your investment is protected.
Here are a few bullet points to consider when shopping for a new RV.
- Excellent Customer Service– The best brands often have excellent customer service. A top-quality RV brand will have an excellent reputation with its customers from pre-purchase all the way through to follow-up maintenance and repairs. Be sure to check customer reviews and ask fellow camping friends for recommendations.
- Consistent and Top Quality Products– The most obvious consideration is the overall manufacturing quality. An excellent RV will be made from durable, high-quality materials and have a good reputation for build quality and construction. When doing a walk-through or research, look for shortcuts that may have been made in the build quality. While many RVs may have less-than-perfect construction, some are definitely worse than others. Inspect the build quality of the furniture, cabinetry, and other furnishings inside. Things like sloppy glue left on external surfaces, nails that aren’t adequately placed, and construction of cabinetry and furniture that isn’t put together properly are sure signs that care wasn’t taken in the manufacturing process. Some manufacturers tend to overlook this aspect and use low-class materials that are cheaper, which in turn affects the overall performance of the RV and creates a poor experience for the customer.
- Innovation & Improvement– The best doesn’t mean perfect. What truly makes the best RV brands is that they continuously listen to the needs and desires of the RV community. They meet these needs by making innovations and improvements to the RVs they produce.
When shopping for an RV, it is important to compare the features and prices of different brands to find the best one for your needs.
With so many RV brands on the market, it can be hard to determine the right choice. This guide will help you identify some of the best RV manufacturers available and what features they offer.
Should I Buy A New Or Used RV?
While you may not be buying a brand-new luxury RV, you should still consider the build quality of a used RV, perhaps even more so.
In fact, sometimes the best value for your money is to purchase an RV that is 3-5 years old from a known RV brand that has a stellar reputation.
When buying your rig, you should also consider if you want the responsibility of owning an RV or would rather just rent an RV for your occasional camping trips.
Here are the pros and cons of buying a new RV vs. a used RV.
- Clean, smells good, and is nice-looking.
- No one has ever used it before
- Warranty from manufacturer is a given
- You have the exact RV that you want if you have it customized by manufacturers according to your preferences
- Higher price compared to used RVs
- The depreciation rate can be high
- Insurance costs are pretty pricey
- Lower price
- Low Depreciation rate
- Previous owners might have fixed previous issues on the RV
- If you’re patient enough and do your research, you might get the exact RV you want for a lower price.
- Previously owned
- There may be underlying issues or damages that need to be fixed
- Your options are quite limited
- Warranty can be an issue
- You may have to renovate– here are RV remodel ideas that might make this con a pro!
Download Our RV Kitchen Checklist
More Recommended Resources
If you’re planning for an RV camping trip to the Smoky Mountains, I recommend you read this article on Smoky Mountains vacation guide and explore the awesome campgrounds that surround it!
To make your trip more fun and exciting for the kids, try this great photo scavenger hunt idea from PhotoJeepers!