Shake off the chill of winter and enjoy the best things to do in Gatlinburg in Spring. Here is our Gatlinburg vacation guide to help you plan the perfect trip.
Spring is a great time to visit Gatlinburg, Tennessee! The weather is mild, the flowers are blooming, and there’s so much to do. From hiking and fishing to attending festivals and touring museums, there’s something for everyone in this Smoky Mountain town.
After a few months of cold and grey weather, everyone is looking forward to the warmer days of spring. And what better place to enjoy the spring weather than Gatlinburg, Tennessee? Here are the best things to do in Gatlinburg in Spring so that you can make the most of your trip.
Is Spring A Good Time To Visit Gatlinburg?
The answer is YES! Spring is an excellent time to visit Gatlinburg. The weather is slightly warmer and the crowds are smaller than during the peak summer months. However, big snows in March are possible , so be sure include warm clothes in your Spring packing checklist for the Smoky Mountains.
You’ll find great deals on lodging and activities, making it a great time to plan your trip. Plus, there are plenty of fun events happening in Gatlinburg during the spring months.
Spring is the ideal time of year to visit Gatlinburg, not just because it’s inexpensive, but also because there’s so much to do downtown and in the Smokies! We’ve listed below the best things to do in Gatlinburg to help you plan the ultimate vacation for spring break!
Festivals & Events in Gatlinburg in Spring
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration- Visit Gatlinburg in March for an entire week of festivities to celebrate Irish culture. This newest Gatlinburg event which started in 2021, features all things that are Irish, from traditional Irish music, food, and a lot more!
- Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament- If you’re looking for a fun and competitive tournament to participate in, this is the perfect event for you. There are different divisions for both adult and youth anglers, so everyone can join in on the fun.
- Hands-On Gatlinburg- At this event, you can learn about traditional arts and crafts from expert instructors. You’ll also have the opportunity to create your own beautiful artwork, with courses available in fused glass ornament-making, jewelry-making woodworking, drawing, and more.
- Mountain Man Memorial March- This event is held in remembrance of America’s fallen heroes. There are marching and running events are further divided by gender and age categories.
- Spring Fling- The ski season at Ober Gatlinburg usually comes to a close in early March, but there’s still something to anticipate as Spring approaches! This year’s popular annual event in Ober honors the successful ski season with pond skimming, massive slalom, high ollie competitions, and other terrain park feature events.
- Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage- This is an annual event that takes place in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and other venues including Gatlinburg. The event includes lectures, hikes, and other activities focused on the region’s flora.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Get This FREE Spring Packing List For The Smoky Mountains Now!
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
More Related Resources
Are you feeling more adventurous and want something out of the box for spring break? Check out our list of Unique Things To Do In Gatlinburg, TN! And no vacation is complete without taking some photos, if you’re on the market for travel friendly camera, here’s a post about the best compact travel camera from PhotoJeepers.