Wet feet can ruin a hike! Finding the best hiking shoes for a wet trail is a must so we created this guide to the best waterproof hiking shoes on the market in 2022.
Unfortunately, hiking is not always sunny, warm, and dry, and there are going to be days when you have to deal with rain and moisture.
From muddy trails, snow showers, and unexpected rainstorms, these waterproof hiking shoes will provide you with the protection your foot needs to brave the elements.
What Are Waterproof Hiking Shoes?
Before we get into the best options on the market. Let’s first discuss the most important features to look out for. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Has water-repellent membrane( most often Gore-Tex) or liner in the upper with protective overlays to keep debris out
- Water-resistant enough to block out wind and rain
- Should be breathable enough to release sweat and heat as your feet warm-up
- Provides great traction. This is important since you’re more likely to be dealing with slick conditions such as rain, ice, slush, and snow.
- Like with any other type of hiking shoes there should be good shock absorption and ample cushioning.
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
If you love hiking in summer, check out our post on the best summer hiking shoes to keep your feet cool and comfy even on hot weather days.
And if you’re bringing your little one with you for a hike, then you need to see this list of the best hiking carriers for babies and toddlers from Lovicarious.