A ski jacket is one of the most important pieces of ski gear you own because no matter what kind of skiing you enjoy best, you want to be comfortable all day. If you are a lady shredder looking for a new jacket or have a dear ski-loving sister in your life, this article is for you. Here’s everything you need to know about choosing the best women’s ski jackets as well as our top picks to help you narrow down your choices.
Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later
How to Choose Ski Jackets For Women?
Before buying your next ski jacket, you need to consider the following factors.
Type of Ski Jacket
Depending on the climate on where you’re going to ski, you’ll have to choose from among several types of ski jackets.
First is the insulated ski jacket that is designed for really cold environments and includes an outer layer that is waterproof and windproof, with an insulating layer for an added boost of warmth.
The second type is uninsulated jackets that are best for warmer environments, you can use them for layering as well. There are the 3-in-1 type jackets that come with both insulated and a hard shell layer that you can wear separately or together.
This is all about the shape of the ski jacket. Depending on your preference you can choose a ski jacket that is slim, regular, or relaxed. Slim fit is form-fitting and offers an active fit that sits close to the body. The regular fit is the standard fitting, offering a flattering fit that is neither too fit nor too loose. And a relaxed fit that is larger and offers more room for comfort and layering.
While it is important to choose a ski jacket that can provide enough warmth, it is also essential to look for something that facilitates airflow. Look for pit zips that are great in regulating body temperature.
Another important factor to look for when choosing the best women’s ski jackets is weatherproofing. It is essential to choose a ski jacket that can withstand the elements. This means choosing waterproof materials that withstand water pressure applied from a 1m high column and not leak. As well as windproof features to keep you protected from high mountain wind.
Aside from those mentioned there are several features that you should look out for when choosing the best women’s ski jacket.
- Pockets– if you’re planning to spend the whole day skiing, you’ll likely need something to keep your essentials, and that’s what pockets are for.
- Hood– look for a helmet-compatible hood so you won’t have trouble fitting it in your skiing helmets. They can be attached/hoods, detachable hoods, or stowaway hoods that can be rolled or folded and be tucked into a designated area of the women’s ski jacket.
- Powder skirts– these are interior waist straps that are attached to your jacket that can be buttoned to the ski pants preventing snow from getting inside your pants or up your back.
- RECCO– is an avalanche rescue technology that comes in the form of a reflector chip embedded in equipment or clothing.
- Wrist closures- this can be an elastic, Velcro, snap, or thumbhole adjustment at the wrist to help keep snow and cold air from coming up your arms.
What Are The Best Women’s Ski Jackets?
You’ll never run short of options when it comes to quality ski jackets on the market. But with too many options out there, you’ll likely spend a lot of time looking for the one instead of getting into action. To help you out, here’s our list of the best women’s ski jackets on the market that are sure to deliver.
You Might Also Be Interested In our Other Outdoor Living Posts