With so many water vessels and fun boating activities available today there is no reason why anyone wouldn’t want to experience the amazing benefits that boating has to offer. And with 90 % of Americans living less than an hour from a navigable body of water, boating opportunities are definitely a lot closer and more convenient than most people think. Whether you’re an expert on boating or a beginner, these boating resources will help you navigate through the fun and exciting boating adventures that await you.
Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later
Boating Facts & Figures
Boating by definition is the leisurely activity of traveling by boat or the recreational use of a boat whether powerboats, sailboats, or man-powered vessels.
There are an estimated 100 million Americans that go boating each year and with heightened interest in various recreational activities such as boating, it is expected that consumer interest in boating will remain strong through 2021 and beyond.
“2020 was an extraordinary year for new powerboat sales as more Americans took to the water to escape pandemic stress and enjoy the outdoors safely,” said Frank Hugelmeyer, NMMA president. “For the first time in more than a decade, we saw an increase in first-time boat buyers, who helped spur growth of versatile, smaller boats – less than 26 feet – that are often towed to local waterways and provide a variety of boating experiences, from fishing to watersports.”
“Boat sales are expected to remain at historic levels in 2021 as manufacturers continue to fill a backlog of orders from 2020.”–U.S. Boat Sales Reached 13-Year High in 2020, Recreational Boating Boom to Continue through 2021
What Are The Benefits Of Boating?
Due to its benefits, boating has been a well-loved recreational activity by many. Here are some of the best benefits of boating which will further encourage you to sail through the water.
- You get to spend quality time with family and friends
- Going out into the open sea means you get some much-needed VItamin D that promotes healthy bones and improves your mood.
- You get to breathe in fresh air
- Boating is meditative and resets our brain
- Boating can help you lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Boating is an added skill and no matter how experienced you are in boating there is always something new to learn about.
- How To Tie A Boat To A Dock
- How To Get Rid Of Dock Spiders
- 14 Pontoon Boat Hacks To Make Your Boat Life Easier
- 10 Best Boat Snacks To Keep Your Hunger At Bay
Types of Boats
Different types of boats come in many shapes, sizes, and capacity which also vary according to their purpose. There are technically so many types of boats but can be classified into three main sections which include; Unpowered or man-powered boats, Sailboats, and Motorboats.
If you’re looking for the perfect boat that fits you, here are some articles to help you choose the best water vessel for you.
- The Best Boat Brands For Any Boating Style
- 2021 Top Pontoon Boat Brands You Should Definitely Check Out
- Tritoon Vs. Pontoon Boats | Which Is Best For You?
- Deck Boat vs. Pontoon Boat
- The Best Luxury Pontoon Boats For 2021
- Top 9 Cheapest Pontoon Boats On The Market
- The Best Fishing Pontoon Boats On The Market
Boating Gears and Accessories
Boating wouldn’t be complete without the different gears and accessories that help you navigate through the water with ease. Depending on the type of boat that you have chosen and intend to use there are a number of boating equipment and accessories that you’ll be needing.
- Best Boating GPS Of 2021 [Buying Guide]
- 6 Best Pontoon Boat Anchors On The Market To Help You Stay Put and Relax on the Lake
- The Best Pontoon Boat Covers in 2021
- 9 Pontoon Boat Accessories For Easy & Practical Boat Trips
- Best Boat Shoes For Men For Maximum Comfort & Traction On Board
- Best Boat Shoes For Women That Are Perfect From Shore To Sea
- Best Pontoon Boat Grills [2021 Buying Guide]
- Best Pontoon Boat Trailers To Keep Your Boats Safe On The Road
- Best Coolers For Boating [Buyer’s Guide]
You Might Also Be Interested In our Other Outdoor Living Posts