If you’re a new pontoon boat owner, congrats! You’ve joined the ranks of boaters who enjoy one of the most versatile and fun types of boats out there. Here at VeraVise Outdoor Living, getting out on our local lake is the perfect way to enjoy the outdoors. To help you get the most out of your pontoon boating experience, we’ve compiled a list of boating resources that you’ll find useful.
In the summer of 2020, we bought a pontoon boat! Needless to say, I’ve already learned a lot of the good, the bad, and the ugly (did someone say, Dock Spiders?? Ick!) of boating.
I’ve learned that while boating can be a lot of fun, in order to make it even better, you need to have a few resources and tools at your disposal before hitting the lake.
In this guide, I share all the things we’ve learned and continue to learn about pontoon boating on the lake.
Best Pontoon Boats
After carefully considering the pros and cons of pontoon boats, have you decided to purchase one for your boating adventures?
There are many different brands and types of pontoon boats on the market, so it’s important to find the one that best suits your needs.
To help you in your research, we’ve compiled a list of boating resources, including the best pontoon boat brands, best fishing pontoon boats, best luxury pontoon boats, and more. We hope this information is helpful as you begin your journey into the world of boating!
- Best Pontoon Boat Brands
- Best Pontoon Boats
- Cheapest Pontoon Boats
- Best Value Pontoon Boats
- Best Fishing Pontoon Boats
- Best Luxury Pontoon Boats
- Best Luxury Pontoon Boats With Bathrooms
- Deck Boat vs. Pontoon Boat
- Tritoon vs. Pontoon Boat
- Best Entry Level Pontoon Boats
- Pontoon Boats with Kitchens
- Best Pontoon Boats For Saltwater
- Best Double Decker Pontoon Boats
- Best Pontoon Boats for Rough Water
- Best Names For Pontoons: Fun, Cool, And Classic!
- Best Pontoon Boats You Can Sleep On
Pontoon Boat Hacks
One of the best things about pontoon boats is that they are very versatile. You can use them for fishing, swimming, relaxing, and more. But no matter what you use your pontoon boat for, there are always ways to improve it.
Here are some pontoon boat hacks that can help improve your experience on the water:
1. Invest in a good pontoon boat cover. This will help keep your boat in its best condition when storing or docking. Here is some more help on how to dock and store your pontoon.
2. Put fenders on your pontoon boat. This will protect it from bumps and scrapes when you’re docking or storing your pontoon boat.
3. Equip your Pontoon Boat with the necessary items for safety and leisure.
- 18 Things to Bring on a Pontoon Boat
- What GPS Should I Buy For My Boat?
- Pontoon Boating Safety Guide & Checklist
- What is the Best Boat Navigation App?
- Best Boating Apps
4. A few more Pontoon Boat Hacks and Tips
Pontoon Boat Accessories
After you find the perfect pontoon boat, you will likely discover there are a whole lot of boating accessories you need and want to make your time out on the water more fun.
Check out these resources for the best boating accessories for your pontoon boat.
- Pontoon Boat Accessories
- Pontoon Boat Covers
- Pontoon Boat Anchors
- Best Pontoon Boat Power Anchors
- Pontoon Boat Trailers
- Best Boating GPS
- Best Pontoon Boat Grills
- Pontoon Boat Storage Containers
- Best Pontoon Boat Tent Enclosures
- Best Boat Slip Covers
- Fun Boat Accessories
- Pontoon Boat Fishing Accessories
- Pontoon Boat Gadgets
- Best Electric Pontoon Boat Covers
Just like any other outdoor activity, what you wear while boating can make a big difference in your comfort level and enjoyment.
First and foremost, it’s important to dress for the weather.
If it’s going to be a hot day, light and airy fabrics are key. Linen and cotton are always good choices, and you might also want to consider a swimsuit or other quick-drying apparel in case you take a dip.
Of course, you’ll also need shoes that can get wet. Water shoes or sandals are perfect for this, and they’ll help you avoid getting blisters if you’re walking around on the deck a lot.
Finally, don’t forget to pack a hat or sunglasses to protect you from the sun.
A light jacket or sweater is also a good idea in case the weather gets cooler later in the day.
Following these simple tips, you can ensure you’re comfortable and stylish on your next pontoon boat outing.
Boat Food Ideas
- Best Boat Snacks
- Finger Food Ideas For Boating
- Best Lunch Ideas For Boating
- Quick & Easy Sandwiches For Boating Recipes
- Best Coolers for Boating Buyer’s Guide
- Best Pontoon Boat Grills
- Best Rotomolded Coolers in 2022
- Quick & Easy Boat Food Ideas
- 10 Healthy Boat Snacks
- Pontoon Boat Appetizers
Download Your FREE Boating Pre-Ride Checklist
Recommended Related Resources
You might also find some of our camping meal ideas helpful in prepping your food for the boat. Here are some that would easily convert to boat food options as well.