If you’re looking for the best campgrounds in Maggie Valley, NC to enjoy the quieter side of the Smokies then this RV camping resource guide is for you.
Maggie Valley, NC is a cute and often overlooked gateway town to the Smokies that promises its visitors a serene and scenic vacation.
The way it’s very close to the fabulous Cataloochee Valley where you can see Elk and other beautiful scenery will make you revel in this quieter and more scenic side of the Smoky Mountains.
If that’s your kind of vacation, read until the end as we’ve rounded up the best campgrounds in Maggie Valley, NC that will make you want to go camping this very weekend!
Popular Things To Do in Maggie Valley, NC
Other than its quaint motels and shops, this popular family resort town is also famous for its good food, fun festivals, and plenty of other outdoor adventures.
Here are 5 amazing things you must do when you visit this laid-back town.
- Go Elk-watching in Cataloochee, Great Smoky Mountains.
- Drop by Stompin’ Ground Dance Hall and check out live performances that feature all things dancing.
- Have breakfast at Joey’s Pancake House.
- Visit Tube World and Cataloochee Ski Area in the winter!
- If you’re a motorcycle enthusiast, you shouldn’t miss Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum and check out the world’s best collection of rare American motorcycles and memorabilia.
Become one with nature while enjoying the scenery of the Great Smoky Mountains as you visit these best campgrounds in Maggie Valley, NC.
Join our RV Campgrounds Near Me Group on Facebook to meet more RV camping enthusiasts such as yourself. We share all things RV camping including camping hacks, RV Campground reviews, and fun RV camping stories. Also be sure to follow our RV Campgrounds Near Me Page and Like us on Facebook.
Shop My Favorite Camping Coolers
The following Rotomolded Coolers are some of my favorite brands and represent the best camping coolers on the market. If you need something that will keep your camping meals fresh all week, these are the coolers to choose! Yes, these are affiliate links.
Check out all of these Smoky Mountains Campgrounds
Download this FREE RV Kitchen Checklist
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
If you’re looking at exploring other campgrounds in North Carolina, there are Hendersonville, NC RV Parks where you can go Apple-picking in the fall, in their many orchards. You may also check out Campgrounds Near Asheville, NC, and their unique and eclectic downtown, restaurants, shops, and their love for art and music.