In this post we let you in on a little secret: The Character Palooza at Hollywood Studios is a somewhat secret Disney character meet and greet. At this non advertised somewhat secretive Disney character event located outside the entrance of Hollywood Studios you can meet some truly unique Disney characters. Read more to learn how you can locate and participate in a Disney World Character Palooza at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here is a sample of some of the characters you might meet at a Character Palooza.
- Robin Hood
- and so many more…
What is a Character Palooza?
A Disney Character Palooza is a secret
not so secret special character meet and greet that occurs at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The event happens “most days” outside the park entrance between the hours of 4 and 7 pm. The character palooza often coincides with days that Fantasmic occurs and will last for about 20 minutes. There are usually between 5 and 10 characters and many of them are the more rare Disney characters such as Gepetto, Robin Hood, or Mulan.
How to find a character palooza
While the Hollywood Studios Character Palooza is a well kept secret. There are a few ways to find out more about them.
While it is a pseudo secret, it does happen on a regular basis. Use #characterpalooza on social media to find posts about the character palooza.
Another great resource is to check out Kenny The Pirate. He offers a schedule on his website based upon previous and somewhat predictable occurrences.
Don’t bother asking Cast Members as they are trained to be evasive when it comes to the occurrence of a character palooza.
Hollywood Studios Character Palooza occurs OUTSIDE THE PARK GATE! Do not enter Hollywood Studios! The characters will come out around the front gate area.
**INSIDER TIP** -If it is raining, the character palooza will not occur.
Want to save 35-60% on a Disney Deluxe Resort? Check out Five Ways To Stay On Disney Property and Not Go Broke
What Disney Characters will I meet at a Disney Character Palooza?
The really fun thing about a character palooza is that the characters are random and oftentimes rare!
You never know for sure who will be there, and it can often be a very rare character like this time when we met Geppetto. I had to tell my kids afterward who he was!
For the best in Disney Food Guides, check out Disney Food Blog 2018 Guides! We download them and screen shot them to our phones so we never miss a snack!
On two separate occasions, we met Aladdin.
Jasmine accompanied Aladdin on our second Character Palooza.
One never goes wrong when a princess meet and greet is involved.
Sometimes the not so rare more classic characters can also show up at a Disney Character Palooza!
Our family loves making it to the Disney Character Palooza at Hollywood Studios. It’s a fun and unique opportunity to meet some characters you might not otherwise meet unless attending a spicial holiday event such as the Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party or the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Things To Remember About A Character Palooza Hollywood Studios
- Bring your autograph books as they characters will sign autographs and you can take pictures
- Don’t be discouraged if you miss it as the timing can be unpredictable
- Use social media to track timing of characters #characterpalooza can be helpful
- No photo pass/memory maker is available so have your phones charged and ready
- As it is later in the day, children may be extra tired and cranky (experience speaking here) so be prepared with snacks and water to stay hydrated while you wait
- Cast members won’t generally answer questions about the Palooza, but you will see a crowd waiting if you are there a the right time
Want More Content Like This?
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Join the DisFanChat Party
- Simply log into to your Twitter page
- Type the relevant # in the search bar. In our case #disfanchat
- Scroll to the top of the page and click the link that says “Latest” in order to keep up with the last posts
- Reply to the questions as they are posted and enjoy the “chatter” that happens around each.
- Don’t worry if you get “behind” arrive “late” or feel like you are lost. Just hop in, meet and follow other Disney friends and fans, and have fun! After a few parties, you will get the swing of it!
Disclaimer: This page contains both text and image affiliate links. If you sign up using these links, we earn a small commission at no additional charge to you. You can read more about affiliate linking here VeraVise WOW Travel is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com .