If you’re always on the lookout for the best places to travel for the family where your kids can experience fun things, these spots for cheap family beach vacations are the hidden gems you didn’t know you needed on your bucket list.
Vacations with the whole family don’t have to be a luxury. All you need is to have the right resources [like this one] where you can find inexpensive beach vacation spots with activities the whole family will enjoy.
In this resource guide, we have put together cheap family beach vacations that will allow you to spend quality time with the whole fam!
What Beach Is The Cheapest To Vacation At?
Over the years, beach destinations have become top family vacation spots and have a reputation of being overpriced, but not all beach spots are the same. There are still beaches across the US that are perfect for families on a budget, including;
- Florida Panhandle
- Flagler Beach, Florida
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Tybee Island, Georgia
- Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Outer Banks, North Carolina
- Panama Beach, Florida
- Edisto Beach, South Carolina
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Florida’s Treasure Coast
Need help planning a budget friendly beach vacation with the family? Here are some tips:
- Flexibility is the key- Consider having a vacation during the off-peak season so the booking cost [and airline tickets] will be relatively low.
- Use your airline miles when booking flights- Save a lot on airline tickets by using your travel points. Especially if you have a big family like mine.
- Book a vacation house or condo with a kitchen- Cooking your own food will be the more practical option instead of buying expensive meals outside. Check out some properties for rent on VRBO or Booking.com
- Pack your own beach snacks
- Bring your own beach toys, pack and play, etc.
Enjoying fun and relaxing family beach vacations doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
By doing a little bit of research and planning you’ll soon find yourself dipping your toes on the sand and enjoying the waves with your loved ones, and simply having the ultimate beach vacation without breaking the bank.
What to Pack for a Family Beach Vacation?
- High SPF Sunscreen: I admit, I am not the best at this, but with kids and lots of allergies, we found that Badger Brand sunscreen is the only sunscreen the entire family can use and we love it.
- Adorable sun hats for the kids: We love these cute hats for kids by Bienvenu
- Mom needs a new hat too: I do love to get a new hat for the beach and bike riding.
- Sunglasses: Being married to an eye doctor, I can’t forget this one. Contact us and mention this article for a discount on a new pair of suns for your trip.
- Swimsuits: Never leave home without this important item!!
- Reading material- Before kids, I enjoyed reading on the beach. This pas ttime is harder to come by, but you never know. Why not enjoy a mystery set on the island!!
- Your favorite camera– Here’s the one we love for our travels.
Deciding what to pack for a family beach vacation can be hard.
While being practical is super important, you also don’t want to sacrifice all the fun stuff either.
Hopefully the list we have above, make packing a little less stressful for you.
A lot of people think that beach vacation spots in the US are expensive, but you’ll be glad to know that there are so many cheap beach family vacations that are perfect on a shoestring budget.
Let’s check them out!
Download Your FREE Family Travel Planner
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
If you are looking for other inexpensive vacation spots that are not beaches, then you should definitely check out these 18 cheap family vacations in the US.