You don’t have to look far to find the best places to travel in the US with your little ones. We’ve made this list of cheap family vacations with toddlers that are both fun and won’t eat up all your travel budget.
Traveling with toddlers is fun, but can also be stressful, even the most vacation-savvy parents know that having toddlers on vacation requires almost double the preparation of an adults-only trip. Plus, traveling on a budget makes it more challenging.
Planning affordable family vacations with toddlers doesn’t have to be complicated. With proper planning and preparation, you can have a great family vacation on the cheap!
If you’re looking for cheap family vacations with toddlers, this post is exactly for you!
Where Is The Best Place to Take Toddlers On Vacation?
The US has so many budget-friendly destinations that are perfect for families. If you’re looking for ideas for Fun and CHEAP family vacations with a toddler, we’ve made a quick list below.
- Pigeon Forge, TN
- Yellowstone, WY
- Tampa, Florida
- Chicago, IL
- Washington, D.C.
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Gatlinburg, TN
- St. Louis, MO
- Seattle, WA
- Outer Banks, North Carolina
Traveling is one of the best ways to give your kids the chance to experience an adventure. Sure, travel doesn’t come for free, but what is priceless are the memories you make with them, the learning opportunities, and character-building that it provides especially for younger kids.
Don’t wait until your toddlers become older, now is the best time to explore the world or even just the city next door. If you’re worried about budget, there are tons of vacation destinations across the US that won’t hurt your pockets. With so many options out there, we’ve made this list to narrow down your search.
How do you plan a vacation with a toddler?
Taking your toddlers with you for a vacation especially if it is the first time is quite the challenge. While there is no magic formula to make your trip perfect, these travel planning tips can help your travels a lot easier.
- Take your time in planning your trip.
- Choose toddler-friendly destinations.
- Always leave plenty of time: Leaving extra time applies to all parts of your trip
- Pack as little as possible: You don’t want to end up carrying a toddler and 100 pounds of luggage, too.
- Make sure to bring snacks
- Ask for deals. Whether for hotels or transportation, be sure to ask for discounts for families and children.
When traveling with kids, you should accept the fact that things will go wrong. And that’s fine. The above tips can go a long way in helping you plan an imperfectly fun getaway with your little ones.
Yes, sometimes people pay way too much for travel! But how do you go on vacation with kids on a budget? A great place to start is by looking for affordable travel destinations where your toddlers can enjoy too.
Download Your FREE Family Travel Planner
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
- Cheap Family Vacations in the US
- Things To Do With Kids In The Smoky Mountains
- Our Top 10 With The Kids Posts
- Yosemite National Park With Kids
- Sequoia National Park With Kids
- The Best Backyard Games For Kids
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Looking for more ideas? We have more on our list of the best Best Places To Travel In The US With Toddlers. Whether you’re on a tight budget or not, these places will surely win you and your toddlers hearts.