In this Tennessee Vacation Guide, we’ll tell you why Christmas in Nashville, TN, is the perfect festive and family-friendly way to celebrate this time of year. From caroling and decorating to enjoying festive meals, there’s something for everyone in Nashville during the holidays.
The city comes alive with holiday cheer, and visitors can enjoy all the traditional Appalachian Christmas activities. Nashville, TN, is known for its Appalachian roots, and that comes through in its holiday traditions.
From tree lighting ceremonies to live music performances, Nashville is the perfect place to celebrate the holidays
Keep on reading and see for yourself why celebrating Christmas in Nashville, TN, is the best decision you will ever make.
Is Nashville A Good Place To Visit At Christmas Time?
Nashville is a great place to visit at Christmas time! There are lots of fun things to do, and the city is decked out in festive holiday decor. You can enjoy concerts and Christmas markets, and even take a carriage ride through the city streets.
There’s also no shortage of delicious food options so that you can enjoy all of your favorite seasonal treats.
Don’t worry, we’ll give you all the details of the activities in Nashville to get you into the right holiday mood.
Whether you’re looking for a festive and fun-filled vacation or a more relaxed and low-key holiday, Nashville has something to offer everyone.
Nashville Christmas Lights
One of the best parts of Christmas is seeing all of the amazing lights, and Nashville definitely does not disappoint in this department. There are several places where you can see amazing Christmas lights in Nashville.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Opryland Christmas Lights (November 10, 2023- January 1, 2024) – One of the most popular Christmas attractions in Nashville is the Opryland Hotel. It is decked out in over two million lights and has a life-size nativity scene. The hotel also has a number of festive events and activities for guests to enjoy, making it the perfect place to get into the Christmas spirit. Admission is free!
- Christmas Lights Rides in Nashville – Another popular Christmas activity in Nashville is the Christmas Lights Ride. This festive event takes place on a carriage, and riders are treated to a tour of some of the best Christmas lights in the city. The ride is a great way to see the festive decorations and get into the holiday spirit. Book a ride now!
- Zoolumination at the Nashville Zoo (November 17, 2023 – February 4, 2024)- This annual event features festive lights, holiday-themed displays, and festive entertainment. The zoo also has a number of special events and activities for families to enjoy, making it the perfect place to celebrate Christmas. For details on ticketing, you may visit their website.
- Cheekwood Holiday Lights (November 18, 2023 – January 7, 2024)- This botanical garden is decked out in over one million lights, making it a truly magical place to visit during the holidays. The garden also has a number of festive events and activities for guests to enjoy, making it the perfect place to get into the Christmas spirit.
If you love seeing millions of Christmas lights, you should go ahead and check out some other Christmas Lights in Tennessee that you and your family will surely enjoy.
These are just a few of the reasons why you should consider spending your Christmas in Nashville this year. With so many festive events and activities, it’s the perfect place to get into the holiday spirit.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Nashville today!
Book The Inn at The Christmas Place Now!
Download Our FREE Winter Packing List for the Smokies
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Christmas is just around the corner, and if you’re looking for Christmas presents, we’ve got gift ideas for your family members who are photography lovers. Check out this list of photography gift ideas from PhotoJeepers.
Looking for a good breakfast place in the Smokies for your upcoming trip? Here are some of the best pancake places in Gatlinburg that will make you come back for more!