DIY pontoon boat storage helps keep your belongings safe and organized while on the water since built-in storage in a pontoon is limited. In this boating resource guide, we’ll teach you some hacks so you can easily maximize the storage space on your pontoon boat.
One of the most important things to consider when adding storage to a pontoon boat is weight distribution. This is especially important if you plan on DIYing your pontoon boat storage.
You’ll want to make sure that the weight is evenly distributed so that the pontoon doesn’t become unbalanced and unstable.
If you’re looking for DIY pontoon boat storage ideas then you’re in luck. Be sure to keep reading to learn some organization tips and tricks.
How Do You Store Supplies On A Boat?
Some basic supplies you will need for a boat include water, food, a first-aid kit, flares, a fire extinguisher, and a VHF radio.
Check out our complete guide on 18 Things To Bring On A Pontoon Boat
Storing supplies on a boat requires careful planning and organizing to ensure safety and convenience. Here are some tips:
- Use Space Efficiently: Maximise every available space but ensure it doesn’t interfere with the boat’s balance. Under the seats, corners, and compartments can be good storage areas.
- Waterproof Containers: Use waterproof bags or containers to protect items from seawater, especially things like food, clothing, and electronics.
- Label Everything: Clearly label all containers. This makes it easier to find what you need quickly, especially in emergency situations.
- Secure All Items: Use bungee cords or straps to secure items. This prevents them from moving around during rough waters.
- Regularly Check and Rotate Supplies: Regular inspection of stored items helps to identify any that may have spoiled or rusted due to the marine environment. Regular rotation of supplies also ensures that nothing is wasted due to expiration.
Try to use bins or baskets that can be easily accessed and secured in place. It is also important to keep like items together. For example, store all of your food in one place and all of your water in another place.
This will help you stay organized and avoid confusion while sailing.
Check out the most practical DIY storage ideas below.
Pontoon Boat Accessories
Pontoon boats are a great way to have some outdoor family fun on the lake or a party with friends out on the open sea. Check out these practical must-have pontoon boat accessories to add to your boat for smooth sailing.
Download Your FREE Boating Pre-Departure Checklist
Recommended Boating Resources
- Recommended Pontoon Boat Accessories
- Best Boat Snacks– These are easy to make and yummy, too
- Pontoon Boating Safety Guide & Checklist
- DIY Pontoon Boat Storage Ideas
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
While food and drinks are the most important part of a boat party, there’s another thing that we can’t live without nowadays– photos! Check out these basic photography techniques from PhotoJeepers and impress your guests with your photography skills!
After every party and fishing trip, where does the pontoon boat go? If you’re new to boating, you should check out this article on how to store a pontoon boat.