You cannot miss the Dollywood Christmas lights when visiting the Smokies during the holidays! Here is a Dollywood Vacation Guide to help you make the most of your visit to this top family destination.
Dollywood goes all out for Christmas and is one of the most popular places to visit during the holiday season. Every year, this world-class theme park transforms into a winter wonderland with millions of lights, festive decorations, and special holiday shows.
Dollywood during the Christmas season is one of the most magical places you will ever visit. The lights, the decorations, and the shows combine to create a truly unforgettable experience.
Check out this guide for this year’s Dollywood Christmas lights.
Is Christmas At Dollywood Worth It?
YES! Christmas at Dollywood is an experience unlike any other. From the moment you enter the park, you are transported to a winter wonderland full of holiday cheer.
The decorations are gorgeous, the lights are twinkling, and the Christmas music creates a festive atmosphere. Santa Claus even makes an appearance!
Dollywood Christmas lights are but a part of the grander and more festive Pigeon Forge Christmas lights display. For the ultimate holiday experience, make sure to see Gatlinburg Christmas lights and all of the Smoky Mountains Christmas lights before you end your trip.
Dollywood Christmas Lights 2022
Excited to see this year’s Dollywood Christmas lights? We are too! Here are some of the highlights you can expect to see in 2022:
- Santa’s Village with its classic red and green
- Glacier Ridge- A returning family favorite that tells the story of a special Christmas miracle. Featuring cool blue and crisp white lights across the Wilderness Pass and Timber Canyon.
- Soft candlelight glow throughout Craftsman’s Valley
- Dozens of spectacular Christmas trees adorned with festive lights and ornaments
- And so much more!
How Long Are Christmas Lights Up At Dollywood?
The Christmas lights are up from November 5th, 2022 to January 1st, 2023. So if you want to see them, you’ll have to schedule your trip around that time!
How Many Christmas Lights Are At Dollywood?
Dollywood is adorned with more than 5 million twinkling lights during its Smoky Mountain Christmas event. The lights are strung across the park, creating a festive and magical atmosphere for guests of all ages.
From the towering Christmas tree in front of the park’s entrance to the quaint, colorful displays throughout the park, visitors will be dazzled by the holiday cheer at Dollywood.
How Much Does It Cost To See The Christmas Lights At Dollywood?
Visitors of the theme park can view the Christmas lights for no additional fee with either admission tickets or seasonal passes.
- 1-Day Dollywood Admission Tickets– Regular adult price (Ages: 10-61) is $89
- 2-Day Dollywood Admission Tickets– Regular adult price (Ages: 10-61) is $109
- 3-Day Dollywood Admission Tickets– Regular adult price (Ages: 10-61) is $119
- Seasonal Passes- Temporarily unavailable for purchase. The 2023 Season Passes go on sale on Oct. 31 for the general public.
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas Stay & Play Ticket Package– When you book a stay at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa you can save up to 15% per night and receive two one-day Dollywood admission tickets to experience Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas.
Dollywood offers discounted ticket prices to seniors 62+ and children ages 4-9. Admission is free for children 3 and under.
There are also special military discounts on admission tickets and season passes for U.S. active or retired military, veterans, military reservists, spouses, and dependents.
Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary
I understand how difficult it can be to plan a trip, especially if it’s your first time going. That’s why I created this 7-day itinerary for the Smoky Mountains. It outlines all of the best places to go in the area and comes with insider tips that will save you a lot of stress–trust me, they saved me when I was planning my own trip!
- Our 7-day itinerary takes you to the best places in the Smoky Mountains.
- You’ll get to see all the best sights and attractions with driving directions
- The itinerary is designed to show you the most scenic routes.
- Packing Checklist for every season.
- You’ll have everything you need to make the most of your trip.
- Insider Tips!
Here’s a quick overview of our Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary.
- Day 1: Cades Cove Loop
- Day 2: Rich Mountain Road
- Day 3: Cataloochee Valley
- Day 4: Newfound Gap Road
- Day 5: Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Day 6: Little River Road
- Day6: Foothills Parkway
Get This FREE Winter Packing Checklist For The Smoky Mountains!
Recommended Pigeon Forge Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Discount Tickets
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Looking for more places to travel this Christmas season? Check out our post on Cheap Family Christmas Vacations that you’ll surely enjoy and won’t leave your pockets empty.
And don’t forget to bring a compact travel camera to capture all the festive lights and special moments with the fam.