The Gatlinburg Christmas lights are a must-see during the holidays! Learn more about this annual event in this Gatlinburg vacation guide.
Every year, Gatlinburg transforms into a winter wonderland with millions of lights adorning the streets and buildings. Don’t miss the chance to see this spectacular display!
The Gatlinburg Christmas lights are a must-see for anyone in the area during the holiday season. The lights are absolutely beautiful, and they really help to get you into the Christmas spirit.
Even if you’re not normally a big fan of Christmas, these Smoky Mountains Christmas lights are sure to change your mind. Here is a guide to help you enjoy this wonderful event.
Christmas Lights in Gatlinburg
When: November 09, 2023 – February 18, 2024
The Gatlinburg Christmas lights feature about five million festive lights that can be seen throughout the city during the holiday season. This has become a beloved tradition for both locals and visitors alike.
Every year, the lights are turned on in November and stay up until February. They add a beautiful touch to the already- charming city, and they are one of the many reasons why Gatlinburg is a great place to visit during the holidays.
In the past, Gatlinburg would light its city up on the night of the parade. However, more recently, these dates have coincided with the beginning of Pigeon Forge’s Christmas Light celebration instead.
Gatlinburg is a beautiful place to visit during the Christmas season. The lights add an extra touch of magic to the already stunning scenery.
Walking through Gatlinburg, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped into a real-life winter wonderland.
How To See Christmas Lights In Gatlinburg?
The Gatlinburg Christmas lights are located throughout the downtown area. Many of the buildings and shops are decorated with lights, and there are also several light displays set up along the streets.
Here are some of the best ways to experience Gatlinburg Christmas lights.
- Visit Gatlinburg SkyLift Park– This year’s Christmas lights display in Gatlinburg SkyLift Park is bigger and better! They have added over 20,000 more light bulbs, 10 new dancing trees along the new SkyTrail, and the huge 30 ft. multicolored Christmas tree. Gatlinburg SkyLift Park is a great place to see the lights and take in the beauty of Gatlinburg during Christmas time.
- Ride to the top of Gatlinburg Space Needle– Take in the Gatlinburg Christmas lights from high above! The Space Needle Observation Deck offers 360-degree views of Gatlinburg and the surrounding Smoky Mountains.
- Self-Guided Driving Tour– For a more relaxed experience, take a self-guided driving tour to see the Gatlinburg Christmas lights. This is a great way to see all of the decorated buildings and light displays at your own pace.
- Gatlinburg Winter Magic Trolley Ride of Lights– Another great way to experience the Gatlinburg Christmas lights is to take a ride on the Gatlinburg Trolley. The trolley runs through downtown Gatlinburg, and you can see all of the decorated buildings and light displays from your seat.
- Visit Anakeesta– Anakeesta is a great place to see the Gatlinburg Christmas lights! Anakeesta is decorated with tens of thousands of twinkling lights, and offers lots of options for holiday fun!
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are busy during the holidays, so expect crowds and traffic. However, you can turn this into a positive by taking the chance to enjoy the festive lights all around town.
Where To Stay?
This year, instead of staying in a cramped hotel room, why not book a stay at our 5BR/5BA wooded cabin in Gatlinburg? With over 2600 square feet of finished living space, there’s plenty of room for you and your family to spread out and enjoy.
Plus, with two private balconies, a hot tub, and a game room, you’ll have everything you need to relax and have fun. So make this holiday season one to remember by booking your stay at our cabin in Gatlinburg today!
Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary
I understand how difficult it can be to plan a trip, especially if it’s your first time going. That’s why I created this 7-day itinerary for the Smoky Mountains. It outlines all of the best places to go in the area and comes with insider tips that will save you a lot of stress–trust me, they saved me when I was planning my own trip!
- Our 7-day itinerary takes you to the best places in the Smoky Mountains.
- You’ll get to see all the best sights and attractions with driving directions
- The itinerary is designed to show you the most scenic routes.
- Packing Checklist for every season.
- You’ll have everything you need to make the most of your trip.
- Insider Tips!
Here’s a quick overview of our Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary.
- Day 1: Cades Cove Loop
- Day 2: Rich Mountain Road
- Day 3: Cataloochee Valley
- Day 4: Newfound Gap Road
- Day 5: Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Day 6: Little River Road
- Day6: Foothills Parkway
Get Our FREE Winter Packing List For The Smoky Mountains!
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Planning a Christmas holiday to the Smokies? Be sure to read our guide to the spectacular Smoky Mountains Christmas lights display.
Start learning these basic photography techniques from PhotoJeepers and so you can take photos of the stunning festive lights like a pro.