See it All! 7-Day Smoky Mountains Scenic Tours Itinerary
Get Yours Now
If you think that a vacation to Gatlinburg, TN has to be expensive, think again! In this Gatlinburg vacation guide, we give you a list of Gatlinburg free attractions that the whole family can enjoy.
Gatlinburg is a unique mountain town that offers a little bit of everything for visitors. This includes a variety of attractions that won’t cost you a dime! By taking advantage of these free attractions, you can save money on your vacation and have more fun!
You don’t have to spend a fortune just to have a good time in Gatlinburg, TN. In fact, there are plenty of Gatlinburg free attractions that are sure to keep everyone entertained! Check out some of our favorites!
Is There Free Parking In Gatlinburg?
Gatlinburg tends to draw large crowds year-round, so finding a free parking spot can be difficult. Many of the lots in Gatlinburg are private and charge for parking, but there are a few free and budget-friendly options available. Here are some ideas to help you out;
- Free Park & Ride Lots- If you’re taking the Gatlinburg trolley, park for free at one of the free Park & Ride lots in Gatlinburg. These lots are located at the Gatlinburg Welcome Center or City Hall Complex on Highway 321.
- Free parking on River Road but are limited- These parking spaces are by the river along River Road, which goes from Ripley’s Aquarium to the entrance of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Gatlinburg City Lots- The City of Gatlinburg’s Parking Department operates two parking garages downtown – Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, with 364 spaces for passenger vehicles, and McMahan Parkway Garage at Traffic Light #3, which has 366 spaces.
- Parking at Area Businesses- If your plans only include visiting one restaurant or business, take advantage of their free parking.
Finding parking space can be frustrating, especially during festivals and holidays. However, with a little research, you can find some great free and budget-friendly options for parking in Gatlinburg.
Want to save a bit on your attractions while you visit? Check out these Groupon Deals.
Gatlinburg is a walkable town, so if you run out of free parking options, consider parking farther away from your destination and enjoying a leisurely stroll through Gatlinburg. You may even discover some new shops and attractions along the way!
Where To Stay In Gatlinburg
When you’re planning a family vacation, there are a lot of things to consider. You want to make sure everyone has a good time, but you also don’t want to spend a fortune. Instead of staying at expensive hotels, why not rent a cabin?
GSM Family Vacations offers a 5BR/5BA cabin that is perfect for families. The cabin has over 2600 square feet of finished living space, so everyone can spread out and enjoy themselves.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Get This FREE Smoky Mountains Checklist Now!
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Looking for other ways to save extra cash while visiting Gatlinburg? Check out our list of Cheap Things To Do in Gatlinburg and grab some of these Coupons For Attractions in Gatlinburg.
To make your visit to the Great Smoky Mountains National park more fun, why not try this exciting national park photo scavenger hunt idea from PhotoJeepers.