We gathered more than 50+ healthy camping meals and ideas to give you a head start on planning and packing some delicious, healthy, and easy camping meals for your next camping adventure.
From breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes to snacks and treats, we got you covered. We also provide some tips on how to store food safely while camping and how to eat healthily when camping.
So let’s get started with our list of healthy camping meals to keep you on track with your diet as you enjoy the great outdoors!
How Can I Eat Healthy While Camping?
Eating healthy while RV camping isn’t as hard as you may think. As is true with any attempt to eat healthily, whether camping or not, it takes a little bit of planning, but it can be done.
In fact, eating healthy while camping is easier than eating healthy while doing other types of travel.
- 10 Make Ahead Camping Meals So You Can Relax When You Get There
- 10 Lip Smacking Delish Dutch Oven Camping Meals
- 20 Keto Camping Meals to the Rescue So You Don’t Have to Cheat This Year
- 6 Instant Pot Camping Meals To Make Prep Work A Breeze
- How To Pack Your RV- RV Checklists For Every Season
It is often challenging to eat healthy when staying in a hotel room and being forced to go out to eat for every meal. This is just another reason why RV travel is cheaper than hotel travel.
The first step to healthy camping meals is finding some delicious recipes and gathering ideas. Once you have a plan and some great recipes, the rest is easy.
Since you can plan ahead and prepare all your own food, what you eat while camping is really up to you.
To help you out, here are 50+ healthy camping meals you will love.
What is the Best Food To Pack While Camping?
Obviously, in order to stay on a healthy eating plan while camping, you have to pack the right foods.
If you are on a keto eating plan, you will want to be sure you pack plenty of low-carb, high-fat foods and snacks, such as protein bars, coconut oil, and plenty of fresh meats for grilling.
Essentially, you will pack the same way you shop normally, only in smaller quantities and with an eye to your storage methods.
If you are in an RV, it should be easy to pack enough fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats, and healthy dairy like yogurt since you have a refrigerator.
However, if you are tent camping, you may have to depend upon more easy snacks that don’t require refrigeration, such as cucumbers, melons, nuts, apples, and bananas.
We recommend considering investing in a rotomolded cooler if you camp often, as you will have much more flexibility and security in your food supply.
- Fresh Fruits (Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Berries)
- Lean Meats (Pork, Chicken, Lean Beef)
- Green Leafy Veggies for salads (Lettuce, Spinach, Kale)
- Dairy (Hard cheeses, yogurt, eggs)
- Nuts, Seeds, and Trail Mix
Super Simple Healthy Camping Ideas
Want even more super simple healthy camping meals? Try some of these.
- Foil Packet Grilled Veggies– Drugstore Divas
- Veggie Skewer Camping Recipe-Forever Green Mom
- 10 Minute Blackened Salmon– Recipes From A Pantry
- Grilled Lamb Kabobs– Recipes From A Pantry
- Low Carb Keto Spaghetti– Wholesome Yum
- Pinchos Puerto Rican Marinated Grilled Kebabs– Low-Carb Yum
- Grilled Eggplant Salad– Easy Recipes For Busy Moms
- Best Greek Grilled Chicken– Easy Recipes For Busy Moms
- Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets– The Forked Spoon
- Honey Dijon Chicken– The Forked Spoon
- One Pot Vegan Minestrone– Happy Kitchen
- Easy Greek Orzo Salad– Happy Kitchen
- One Pot Beef & Vegetable Stew-Bold Canyon Outdoors
- Garlic Steak & Potatoes Foil Packet– Kim and Kalee
- Best Vegan Chili Ever– Planted 365
- Perfect Vegan Sloppy Joes– Happy Kitchen
- Easy Low Carb Chili Without The Beans-Low Carb with Jennifer
- Lentil Tomato Stew– Veggie Desserts
- Low Carb Chicken Fajita on A Skewer– Low Carb Yum
- Campfire Pizza with Veggies– Champagne Tastes
- Healthy Tuna Salad with Wasabi– Champagne Tastes
- Apricot Date Nut Baked Oatmeal- Sumptuous Spoonfuls
- Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins– Sumptuous Spoonfuls
- Healthy Stuffed Hatch Chiles– Couple In The Kitchen
- Avocado Toast With Egg– Blackberry Babe
- Easy Turkey Meatballs- Blackberry Babe
- Tahini Salmon and Zucchini Bowl-My Kitchen Love
- Easy Instant Oatmeal Recipes For Camping– Take Them Outside
- Easy Healthy Hiking Snacks– Take Them Outside
- 14 Easy & Kid Friendly Snack Ideas– BREA Getting Fit
Get a DIGITAL Camping Menu Planner
Download Our FREE Camping Menu Planner
Related Camping Resources
More Recommended Resources
Looking for more keto camping meals? We got you covered. Check out these resources to ensure to stay on track even at the campground
If you’re interested in the keto diet, here’s a resource guide from Wholesome Yum on how to start a low-carb diet.