How many days should I spend in Pigeon Forge, TN? If you’re looking for the answer to this question, then this Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide is perfect for you!
We’ll provide a breakdown of everything there is to do in this amazing town, as well as some tips on how to make the most out of your time here. So whether you’re planning a short trip or an extended stay, we’ve got you covered!
Anyone planning a visit to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, will want to make sure they have enough time to enjoy all the area has to offer. In this guide, find out how many days you should spend in Pigeon Forge.
How Many Days Should I Spend In Pigeon Forge?
You’ll need at least three days to explore all the Pigeon Forge has to offer. There’s a variety of family-friendly activities, including amusement parks, theaters and live music venues. You can also hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or visit Dollywood, the area’s most popular attraction.
What Is The Best Month To Go To Pigeon Forge?
There’s no wrong time to visit Pigeon Forge, but some seasons are better than others depending on what you’re looking for. The best months to visit Pigeon Forge are generally in the fall and spring, when the weather is milder and there are fewer crowds.
However, if you’re looking for a more active and action-packed trip, then summer is the best time for you. Keep in mind that summertime is peak season for the Smokies, so you’ll want to book your lodging early!
Winter can be a beautiful time to visit if you don’t mind the cold and want to see snow-covered mountains and participate in events like Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas and see the Smoky Mountains Christmas lights.
If you want to save money on your travel accommodations, winter is the best time to visit Pigeon Forge. Rates for hotels and cabin rentals are lower than any other time of year.
Things To Do In Pigeon Forge
If you’re looking for a great time during your stay in Pigeon Forge, you will not be disappointed. There are plenty of things to do in this amazing town, regardless of your interests. Here are just a few of the best things to do in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- If you’re on a budget, you’ll be glad to know that there are plenty of cheap things to do in Pigeon Forge, like a visit to Old Mill Square or exploring the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- There are also lots of things to do in Pigeon Forge with toddlers that are both fun and educational.
- Go Snow tubing in Pigeon Forge even in the summer! Pigeon Forge Snow is open year-round.
- Visit Pigeon Forge’s no.1 attraction, Dollywood, and stay at one of the best Pigeon Forge Family Resorts nearby.
- Come and enjoy Pigeon Forge Shows!
If you’re looking for more ideas, head on to our Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
Do I Need A Car In Pigeon Forge?
Unlike Gatlinburg, which has an easily walkable downtown, Pigeon Forge is best explored by car. The Parkway is the centerpiece of this vacation destination, and most travelers will need their own vehicle to get around.
Parkway stretches 5 miles along the city and is lined with attractions and shops. Although trolleys do travel to more than 200 stops in Pigeon Forge, it may be easier to use your own vehicle or a car rental.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Download Our FREE Smoky Mountains Checklist Now!
Recommended Pigeon Forge Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Discount Tickets
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
More Related Resources
Planning to visit Pigeon Forge for the first time? Then you need our comprehensive guide on how to get to Pigeon Forge , TN.
Before you hit the road, make sure to pack some road trip games for the kids to keep them entertained while you’re traveling.