A question most people ask is how to avoid crowds in the Smoky Mountains. Today, in this Smoky Mountains Vacation guide, we will give you all the answers.
The Smokies are a popular tourist destination, with over 12 million visitors annually. While it can be a challenge to find peace and quiet in such a crowded area, there are ways to avoid the masses and have an even more memorable experience.
If you’re looking for ways on how to avoid crowds in the Smoky Mountains, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some tips that will help you enjoy your visit without having to fight through hordes of people.
Are Smokies Crowded?
The Smoky Mountains are one of the most popular destinations in the United States and for good reason. The park offers miles of hiking trails, stunning views, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities.
Yes, the Smokies can be crowded, especially during the peak season, but there are plenty of places to find solitude if you know where to look.
What Are The Busiest Months In The Smoky Mountains?
Smoky Mountain is at its busiest during the summer months (June, July, and August) and fall (October). These months offer more activities and events than any other time of year, so people are more likely to travel then. Here are some activities to do if you plan to visit the Smokies during these times.
- Things To Do In The Smoky Mountains In The Summer
- See The Smoky Mountains Fall Colors reach its peak in October
- Best Things to do in the Smoky Mountains In October
If you’re set on visiting the Smoky Mountains during the peak seasons, make sure you plan your trip a few months ahead. But if you seek peace and quiet during your visit, take a look at our tips on how to avoid crowds in the Smokies.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Get This FREE Smoky Mountains Checklist Now!
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
More Related Resources
Not sure when to visit the Smokies? Then head over to post on the Best Time To Visit Smoky Mountains so you can start planning your next vacation. Make your trip extra fun for the kids but trying this Photo Scavenger Hunt idea from PhotoJeepers.