If you’re following a keto diet, it can be tricky to stick to your macros when you’re out in nature. These keto camping foil packets are the perfect camping meal– they’re easy to make and super tasty! Plus, they’re low-carb and gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy them.
Camping is one of the most fun family activities, and it’s even better when you do it the keto way. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags, gather your supplies, and fire up the grill– it’s time to go camping!
In this RV camping resource guide, we’ve rounded up easy keto camping foil packets that are ideal for cooking over the campfire so you can stay on track with your diet throughout your trip!
How Do You Pack Foil For Camping?
If you’re using foil for cooking on a campfire, it’s best to use the heaviest gauge foil you can find. This will help prevent burning and sticking.
Here are 6 Easy Steps on how to pack foil for camping.
- Step 1: Plan your meals and shop for ingredients accordingly. Make sure to have enough food to last the duration of your trip, plus some extra in case of emergencies.
- Step 2: Pre-cook or prepare as much food as possible before heading out on your trip. This will save you time and effort while trying to enjoy your family bonding.
- Step 3: When packing your food, group items together that will be cooked together. This will make it easier to find everything you need and prevent waste.
- Step 4: Pack foil for camping by folding it into a rectangle or square and then rolling it up like you would a sleeping bag. You can also make small packets by folding the foil in half twice, then crimping the edges together.
- Step 5: Wrap your foil packets tightly so no air can get in or out. This will help to keep the food fresh and prevent it from drying out.
- Step 6: Label your foil packets with the contents and cooking instructions. This will save you time and hassle when it’s time to eat.
When cooking with foil over an open flame, keep a close eye on your food, so it doesn’t catch fire. It’s also a good idea to have an extinguisher handy, just in case.
With a little planning and preparation, you’ll be able to enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals even while you’re roughing it in the great outdoors.
Download This Free Camping Menu Planner
Don’t Miss These Camping Menu Resources
- FREE Camping Menu Planner
- 3-Day Keto Camping Menu
- 3-Day Gluten-Free Camping Menu
- 3- Day Healthy Eating Camping Menu
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Already planning for your next trip? You might be interested in checking out these vegan, gluten-free granola bar recipes so you can munch on something healthy and filling on the way.
Also, don’t forget to hop into this article on keto camping desserts so you can serve something for the sweet tooth in the family!