When it comes to the actual cooking of camping meals at the campground, make-ahead camping meals are the way to go for me!
I’m all about kicking up my feet, having a good cup of cowboy coffee, and relaxing in the great outdoors once I actually reach the campground.
Having a good plan and a great list of go-to make-ahead camping meals every year is how I achieve those goals!
Use this RV Camping resource to help you plan a great camping menu without all the prep time at the campground.
What Should I Premake For Camping?
It’s pretty easy to prepare make-ahead meals for camping breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
Some easy things to make ahead include:
- Breakfast Burritos
- Meat and Vegetable Packets
- Hobo Meals
- Marinated Chicken Recipes
- Fajita Packets
- and more…
If you’re on a keto diet, there are also lots of keto make ahead meals recipes that you can easily whip up at home.
Related Reading: Premade Camping Meals
How Do You Make A Foil Packet For Camping?
- Think protein and a vegetable in most cases
- Avoid overly liquidy foods as foil packets can leak (however, you can use foil pans as a workaround)
- Choose vegetables and meats that roast well.
- Make each foil packet a single or double serving at most.
- Spray your foil with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place your protein choice and veggies inside foil and season according to your recipe.
- Fold edges toward each other wrapping the food in a manner that will create a small bowl when opening after cooking.
- Double wrap the packet with another layer of aluminum foil and place the packets in freezer bags.
- Remove as much air as possible, label freezer bag, and place in freezer until ready to cook.
- Thaw in the fridge (or cooler) 8 hours before ready to cook your foil packet camping meal.
Can You Freeze Foil Packet Meals?
With a few simple steps, you can prep these make-ahead camping meals in foil packets and freeze them.
That means when it comes time to get the camper ready for the season, you have one less thing to stress over.
Foil packet meals make the perfect prep ahead camping meals and will save you tons of time.
They are great to have on hand for an easy-to-cook and cleanup meal over the campfire.il
Camping Menu Planner Templates
More Easy Meals For Camping
If you are looking for even more easy meals for camping trips, check out Proper Good! As seen on Shark Tank, these Easy on-the-go meals are perfect for camping and super healthy to boot.
More Camping Meal Ideas You Might Enjoy
Download A FREE CAMPING MENU PLANNER
Related RV Camping Resources
Be sure to check out our RV camping resource page for numerous other resources from top RV Campgrounds throughout the Southeast to RV Camping Organization hacks for the whole camper to tips on How to Plan a Camping Menu.