There are plenty of off-the-beaten-path things to do in the Smoky Mountains! Check out this Smoky Mountains vacation guide if you’re looking for unusual things to do or want to avoid the tourist traps.
There are so many things to do in the Smoky Mountains, it’s hard to know where to start.
But if you’re looking for something a little bit different here are some ideas.
The Smoky Mountains are a beautiful and popular destination for vacations, but sometimes it can be difficult to find things to do that are off the beaten path.
Here are some hidden and unusual things to do in the Smokies that will make your trip even more special.
Off The Beaten Path Smoky Mountains
The Smoky Mountains offer a wide range of activities for visitors, from hiking and camping to fishing and picnicking. However, there are also a number of off-the-beaten-path things to do in the Smokies that are often overlooked.
Here are just a few of the many special things you can do while visiting this beautiful area.
- Smoky Mountain Llama Trek
- Explore the Forbidden Caverns
- Visit Parrot Mountain & Gardens
- Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum Tour
- Elkmont Historic District
- Smoky Mountain Cat House
- Spence Field Hike
- Gem Mining at Friendly Falls
- Spend time in Cataloochee Valley
There are many benefits to venturing off the beaten path in the Smokies.
By doing so, you can avoid crowds and enjoy a more authentic experience.
You’ll also have the opportunity to see some of the most beautiful scenery and wildlife that the area has to offer.
So if you’re looking for a truly unique and memorable experience, be sure to check out some of these off-the-beaten-path things to do in the Smoky Mountains.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Looking for more ideas? Take a trip off the beaten path with this list of the best Unique Things To Do In The Smoky Mountains.
And after a trip to the Smokies maybe you can visit the nearby area of North Carolina, here’s a post about awesome must-see stops on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville by CS Ginger.