Rv bathrooms are one of those areas in your RV where there is very limited space. This tiny space has a big role to play during RV camping trips. Knowing how to tidy up and properly organize your RV bathroom is tricky.
Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later
We’ve gathered some ideas to help make your RV bathroom more organized and pleasant. Check out these RV hacks you can apply to organize your RV bathroom.
Shop RV Remodel Decor
Do you long to recreate that Black and White Farmhouse look in your RV camper, but worried you don’t have what it takes to do it? Maybe you are afraid it will break your budget to go Joanna Gaines with your RV remodel?
Think again. There are some amazing looking products available that are affordable and easy to use. Check out these beautiful peel and stick wallpaper, backsplash, and floor tiles available on Amazon.
The only thing stopping you is the limits of your imagination.
How to Organize RV Bathroom
While it is impossible to keep your RV Bathrooms neat and organized 24/7, there are still ways you can minimize the mess and maybe even make the bathroom an attractive place to be. Most of the time. 😉
- Pack Only The Essentials
First things first, make a list of the minimum items you will need for your family on this RV camping trip. There’s nothing worse than getting to the middle of nowhere and discovering you don’t have enough of the “essentials” to get you through the trip.
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste
- Toilet cleaning materials
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo, Soap
- Use Your RV Bathroom Doors
Using the backside of doors for storage can be a useful hack provided there’s enough space between the door and the sink after you add a storage item.
- Over-the-door storage organizer– You can hang it on your bathroom doors and with multiple pockets on it you’ll have plenty of space to store your bathroom necessities.
- Over the door towel rack or coat rack– You can also consider this as an option in case you need additional space in hanging your towels.
- Use Your RV Bathroom Walls
Take a close look around your bathroom. Is there any wall space you can utilize that won’t cramp your bathroom? Here are a few things you may be able to add to your walls to assist in organizing your RV bathroom.
- Towel holder– This will require drilling holes in your wall, but in many cases it may be worth it.
- Bathroom wall organizer– You can put them in any part of your bathroom wall. No need for drilling as you can stick them on walls readily. Just make sure that they are attached to the wall properly and won’t fall off once the RV gets moving.
- Wall- mount- Razor holder– It’s best to put them either near the shower or the mirror. Typically men shave in front of the mirror while women shave inside the shower.
- Basket- They can be attached to your wall via an adhesive, and a great way to store your bathroom items.
- Tension bars- Install them to your walls and use to hang items like baskets or a shower caddy.
- Shampoo dispenser– Install a shampoo dispenser to your shower wall and easily access your shampoo. No more messy shampoo bottles falling in the small shower
- Wine rack towel holder– This is a brilliant idea! Use a wine rack as a towel holder and shelf. Roll up your towels and insert them in each space where wine would go. [I won’t tell anyone if you stash a bottle of wine in there, too. Haha!] Like I said…brilliant!!
- Swiveling towel bars– This needs to be screwed in place on your wall, but it provides a more sophisticated and modern look in hanging your towels.
- Use Your RV Bathroom Cabinets
Camper bathroom cabinets are typically smaller compared to other cabinets inside your RV. Here’s how to maximize this space.
- Add plexiglass to prevent things from falling out when you get things from the cabinets.
- Use baskets for storing your bath items and keeping things from shifting around.
- One unique idea is using elastic and staples to hold your items in place.
- Over-the-cabinet door organizers– Use your cabinet doors to hang baskets that store extra bathroom supplies.
Organizing RV Bathroom accessories
Here are a few more tips for how to organize your RV bathroom accessories.
- Laundry Basket
Store your dirty laundry more efficiently with a collapsible laundry basket. It can be stored under your bathroom sink when not in use.
Insider’s Tip: In my 2010 Jayco Travel Trailer, there just isn’t enough room to keep the laundry basket in the RV bathroom. I’ve found that using a mesh bag which is kept in the coat/utilities closet works best.
FREE Camping Menu Planner and More
While you are here, be sure to sign up for a FREE Camping Menu planner and check out all our posts on camping meals.
- Expandable Shelf Racks
If you have the space, try adding expandable shelf racks underneath your bathroom sinks, creating divisions to store and sort more items.
They take up less space than your regular towels and absorb water more efficiently.
Great way to dry wet towels or clothes in between trips to the laundry or even store items in the shower when you simply have nowhere else to go.
This works just to line the collapsible laundry basket. Pop them up when you need to use them and just simply collapse them when they’re not in use.
No judgment here if you happen to take your cell phone in to do business while you, ahem, do your business. Installing a toilet paper holder with a shelf may be just the item you need to organize your RV bathroom.
You Might Also Be Interested In our Other Outdoor Living Posts