Pigeon Forge, TN, along with Gatlinburg, is one of several gateway towns to the Smoky Mountains and has become one of the most popular vacation destinations in Tennessee. Dollywood alone attracts nearly 2.5 million visitors per year and families make up a large part of that number. Fortunately for you that means more hotels are recognizing the need to have larger rooms and family suites. If you’re looking to stay in the near Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN, but need something a little bigger than a standard hotel room for your family, here’s a Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide featuring 5 best Pigeon Forge Hotels near Dollywood that are perfect for the whole family.
Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later
What Are The Best Family Resorts In Pigeon Forge, TN?
Pigeon Forge is home to hundreds of hotels ranging from low end budget motels to high end luxury resorts and everything in between, but perhaps what makes Pigeon Forge such a great place to travel with your family are the large number of hotels that accomodate large families. Many Pigeon Forge hotels offer family suites with kitchens, indoor and outdoor pools, waterslides or mini waterparks, and even bunk beds.
The scope of this article will focus on the top hotels near Dollywood that offer family suites. If you’d like to learn about hotels near The Island, Pigeon Forge’s newest and fast growing family attraction, read our article on the top 5 Kid-Friendly Hotels in Pigeon Forge near The Island.
The Best Pigeon Forge Hotels Near Dollywood
Ok, let’s cut to the chase, and answer those burning questions I’m sure you have about these hotels. How close will you be to Dollywood and other major Pigeon Forge attractions? Good news. All 5 hotels are in the heart of Pigeon Forge and within 10 minutes of Dollywood and the Parkway.
Kid-Friendly Suites at DreamMore Resort
The following family suite types are available giving Dollywood’s DreamMore the most versatile family suite selections of any hotel in Pigeon Forge.
- King with Bunk, sleeps 4- This room has the king and bunk in a studio style suite
- Family Suite, sleeps 4- These suites have a kings size bed and a twin bunk, but either have a dividing wall for privacy or a completely separate bedroom
- Junior Suite, sleeps 6- Largest family suite at Dollywood’s DreamMore, featuring a King bed in one room, twin bunk in a separate area (no door to separate room, however), and a pull out sofa that sleeps 2
- Reunion King Suite, sleeps 4- Two-room suite with a separate master bedroom with a king bed and living room with queen sleeper sofa
- 2 Bedroom Suite, sleeps 8- Three-room suites with separate master bedroom with a king-size bed, a separate living room with queen-size sleeper sofa and a second bedroom with two queen beds.
Kid-Friendly Amenities at DreamMore Resort
In addition to so many family friendly room sizes and the close proximity to Dollywood with a shuttle service, the DreamMore also features numerous kid-friendly amenities.
- Camp DW- Fun craft and game area for kids to hangout
- Indoor and Outdoor Pool
- Family Game Room
Riverstone Resort & Spa is located 6 minutes from the Dollywood entrance in Pigeon Forge, TN. The resort is perfect for families looking to relax after a long day at Dollywood with plenty for the kids to do too. Mom and dad will enjoy the spa services while the kids lounge around in the lazy river or romp on the playground.
Kid-Friendly Suites at Riverstone Resort & Spa
Riverstone Resort & Spa is perfect for families who want to spread out and have some more room when relaxing. The following room types easily accommodate families of all sizes.
All room types include a full kitchen and most also have a fireplace and in room laundry. Note there is not daily housekeeping as these rooms are considered condos and their is an additional cleaning fee added to the room rate. Check booking site for details.
- One Bedroom Queen Beds Riverview- Two queen beds, private balcony, kitchen, fireplace
- Two Bedroom Queen Beds- King Bed in Master, 2 Queen Beds in Guest room, Private Balcony Overlooking River, Kitchen, Fireplace
- Two Bedroom/Twin Beds-King Bed in Master, 2 Twin Beds in Guest room, Sleeper Sofa, Kitchen, Fireplace
- Two Bedroom Condo- 1353 square foot condo with private balcony, two king beds, sleeper sofa, 2 bathrooms, Jacuzzi tub, kitchen, living room, gas fireplace
- Three Bedroom Condo-Three bedroom 1444 sq ft suite, private balcony, a sleeper sofa, 2 bathrooms, and a 6ft Jacuzzi tub, kitchen, living room, gas fireplace
- Three Bedrooms King Riverview-3 King Beds, Sleeper Sofa, Private Riverview Balcony, Kitchen, Fireplace
- Three Bedrooms Twins-King Bed in Two Bedrooms, 2 Twin Beds in Other Bedroom, Private Balcony, Full Kitchen
Kid-Friendly Amenities at Riverstone Resort & Spa
- Indoor/Outdoor Pool Complex
- Lazy River
- Children’s Pool
- Riverfront Picnic and BBQ Area
Cherokee Lodge Condominiums
Cherokee Lodge Condominiums is a brand new resort facility located 5 minutes from Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. This luxurious condo complex offers large open floor plans complete with granite countertops throughout, wood floors, whirlpool baths, and large private balconies. Though this resort is so near Dollwyood, your family may have trouble leaving the condo.
Kid-Friendly Suites at Cherokee Lodge Condominiums
- Two Bedroom Condo-2BR/2BA, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Gas Fireplace, Private Balcony
- Three Bedroom Condo-3BR/3BA, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Gas Fireplace, Private Balcony
Kid-Friendly Amenities at Cherokee Lodge Condominiums
- Outdoor pool with slide and water features
Sunrise Ridge Resorts
Sunrise Ridge Resorts is part of the luxurious Diamond Resorts and Hotels company. Your family will feel like you’ve won the lottery with this resort. The rates are incredibly reasonable for such expansive resort and spacious lodging. Sunrise Ridge Resorts also has the perfect location near Dollywood and The Great Smoky Mountains National Park so your family can enjoy the thrills of roller coasters on one day and then breath in the fresh Smoky Mountain air while hiking to beautiful vistas the next.
Kid-Friendly Suites at Sunrise Ridge Resorts
- Two Bedroom- 2 King Beds, Queen Sleeper Sofa, Fireplace, Washer/Dryer, Full Kitchen
- Deluxe Two Bedroom-2 King Beds, Queen Sleeper Sofa, Fireplace, Washer/Dryer, Full Kitchen, Whirlpool Tub
- Three Bedroom-2 King Beds, Queen Sleeper Sofa, 3 Full Baths, TV, Fireplace, Full Kitchen
Kid-Friendly Amenities at Sunrise Ridge Resorts
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Onsite Arcade
- BBQ Area
Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
For a budget friendly option, the Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane is conveniently located 9 minutes from the Dollywood entrance. The hotel is also located at a Trolley stop making it a breeze to explore all the things to do in Pigeon Forge without getting your car.
Kid-Friendly Suites at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
- Family Suite-1 room Suite w/ 2 Queen Beds, Sofa Sleeper, 2-person Whirlpool Tub, Fireplace, Private Balcony
Kid-Friendly Amenities at Comfort Inn & Suites at Dollywood Lane
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Complimentary Breakfast
Fun Things To Do Near Dollywood
More Family Suites In Pigeon Forge, TN
Still haven’t found what you are looking for? Have a look at these other Pigeon Forge hotels with family suites.
- Music Road Resort– Large family resort with waterpark and several family suite layouts
- The Inn At Christmas Place– Christmas themed resort with waterpark & two room family suites
- Arbors At Island Landing Hotels & Suites– Located near the Island offering a variety of family suites that accomodate upwards of 12 people
- Pigeon River Inn-Highly rated budget friendly hotel near Dollywood with family suites
- Wilderness at the Smokies–Well known family resort with indoor and outdoor waterpark
You Might Also Be Interested In These Smoky Mountain Articles
- Things to Do In The Smoky Mountains In Every Season
- Best Restaurants In Gatlinburg
- Best Hikes for Kids In The Smoky Mountains
- A Homeschooler’s Guide To Things To Do In The Smoky With Kids [and count it as school]
- Smoky Mountains Christmas Lights
- Smoky Mountain Cabin Rentals
What are your favorite hotels with family suites in Pigeon Forge, TN?