There is so much to learn when it comes to boating which is why I love discovering new pontoon boat hacks to pass along to you in our boating resource guides.
From organizing gear and supplies to enhancing performance and safety, these hacks will help you maximize your time out on the water. So read on for tips and tricks that will take your pontoon boating game up a notch!
And of course, since space is limited on a pontoon boat, surely you’ll need a few tricks up your sleeve to make room for all your family’s needs.
Check out these awesome pontoon boat hacks for a stress-free trip all throughout.
How can I speed up my pontoon boat?
Are you looking for ways to get more speed out of your pontoon boat? You’re not alone! Many people want to maximize the performance of their boats, so they can enjoy a faster ride. There are several steps you can take that will help increase the speed and efficiency of your pontoon boat.
- Trim your motor to decrease drag on your boat
- Don’t fill up completely on fuel – how less is more!
- Distribute weight evenly: If you place more weight towards the rear of the boat, it can increase your speed by lifting the boat and making it go faster.
- Consider adding a third pontoon for extra power.
- Invest in Underskinning: This custom job involves installing metal sheets under the deck to create a smoother underside. This will cost you around $500.
- Make sure the hull is clean and free from any debris or buildup, as this can decrease speed and cause drag in the water.
With these tips, you should be able to get more speed out of your pontoon boat. Remember, safety is always the top priority when out on the water, so take the necessary precautions and have fun!
Pontoon Boat Accessories
Pontoon boats are a great way to have some outdoor family fun on the lake or a party with friends out on the open sea. Check out these practical must-have pontoon boat accessories to add to your boat for smooth sailing.
Download Your FREE Boating Pre-Departure Checklist
Recommended Boating Resources
- Recommended Pontoon Boat Accessories
- Best Boat Snacks– These are easy to make and yummy, too
- Pontoon Boating Safety Guide & Checklist
- DIY Pontoon Boat Storage Ideas
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
A boating trip will not be complete without food! Check out this article for some quick & easy Boat Food Ideas for the whole fam!
If you’re planning a boating trip with young children, make sure to prioritize their safety by getting the best life jackets designed for toddlers and preschoolers.