Pop Century Resort Review: The "Iconic" Disney Value Resort
In this POP Century Resort review, Brittany from The Cool Hip Mom, offers us a quick snapshot of Disney’s POP Century Resort from her recent family experience at POP Century. VeraVise WOW travel is teaming up with Disney bloggers to bring you Disney Resort reviews all year. This is the second of our Disney Value Resort Reviews.
- POP Century Resort Room Types: Standard Rooms vs. POP Century Preferred Rooms
- Disney’s POP Century Resort Pools
- The fun icons of Disney’s POP Century and decade nostalgia
- POP Century Value Resort Amenities
- POP Century Food Court and Dining Options
Disclaimer: This page contains both text and image affiliate links. If you sign up using these links, we earn a small commission at no additional charge to you. You can read more about affiliate linking here VeraVise WOW Travel is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com .
Introduction to POP Century Resort
Disney’s Pop Century Resort is a value resort that is great for its convenient location, decade nostalgia, and affordable price. It’s located in the World Wide of Sports Resort Area. Room rates range from $115-$160/night depending on room type and time of year.
Here at VeraVise WOW Travel, we have seen POP Century as low as $98/night on discount sites like Under Cover Tourist.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort highlights 20th-century pop culture in a very fun way that the whole family will enjoy. Immediately pulling into the resort you are transformed back in time! While onsite you’ll see popular catch phrases and well known dance crazes on the top of the buildings.
Each building represents an era starting from the 1950’s to the 1990’s. Depending on the building you are assigned to, you’ll find massive replicas of toys, electronics, music, movies, and fads relating to that era all throughout the building.
Pop Century Rooms
During our stay this summer we enjoyed one of their newly renovated studios. The modern design was perfect for our little family, as the first thing we did was drop our bags and headed out to explore! We were very impressed by the simplicity and the functionality of the room. It was furnished with two full beds (one was a murphy bed that when put away is a table with 2 chairs), a refrigerator, coffee maker, TV, and a safe.
Other amenities included:
- Complimentary WiFi
- Self service laundry onsite (in certain locations)
- Childcare services
- Room transformation for special occasions
The room was very clean when we arrived. We opted for housekeeping at the time because the resort was offering a promotion that included a gift card to the Everything Pop Shop! Of course we had to get a souvenir for our daughter!
Pop Century Room Types
There are four room types at Disney’s Pop Century. All Disney Value and Moderate resorts rank rooms based on distance to major aspects of the resort such as lobby, pools, and restaurants.
Disney’s POP Century follows the following format in room type and pricing:
- POP Century Preferred Pool Room: These rooms offer views of the main POP Century Pool known as the Hippy Dippy Pool and are also closest to Classic Hall, Dining, Shopping and Transportation. Rates ~ $150/night
POP Century Preferred Room: These rooms are the same as standard rooms with a courtyard or landscape view, but they are closer to Classic Hall, Dining and Shopping, and Transportation. These rooms have an average rate of $144/nt
POP Century Standard Room Pool View: These rooms offer views of bowling or computer pool, but are located in building farther away from the main building, dining, and transportation. Approximate rates start at $133/nt
POP Century Standard Room: As you may have guessed by now, these are just standard rooms located in the buildings farthest away from the main building and have the lowest price point at an average price of $127/night
We like to point out here at VeraVise that a “Value” resort isn’t always a value for larger families. These rooms are very small! If you are a family of 4 it might work but, honestly, once your kids are older it could feel a bit tight. Our family of 5 has always needed two Value resort rooms so it’s always worth considering a Disney moderate resort because they offer a smaller pull down Murphy Bed and have a larger footprint. You might even be surprised to find our about staying in a Disney Deluxe Resort like The Contemporary Resort by utilizing DVC Points or staying at a convention.
We also like to point you to one our most popular posts about staying on property. We stayed in Disney Deluxe resorts more than once for the same rate as a moderate.
For more Disney Property Reviews go here.
Want to save 35-60% on a Disney Deluxe Resort? Check out Five Ways To Stay On Disney Property and Not Go Broke
Restaurants on site
- Everything POP shop & dining is a quick serve option serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks from 7 different stations including: grab ‘n’ go items (like salads, sandwiches, baked goods), grilled fare, pizza, pasta, sandwiches, healthy choices and home-cooked cuisine.
- The Petals Pool Bar (located by the Hippy Dippy pool) serves specialty drinks, beer, wine, sangria as well as non-alcoholic beverages. They do not serve food!
- In Room Pizza Delivery! If you love pizza and don’t want to make the trek to the food court, you can get it delivered to your door from 4pm-midnight. There is button on your phone for pizza delivery. Also for the parents, you can get beer and wine delivered as well
For the best in Disney Food Guides, check out Disney Food Blog 2018 Guides! We download them and screen shot them to our phones so we never miss a snack!
Amenities on Site
- Fast Forward Arcade is open 24 hours and located in the Classic Hall. There are a variety of arcade games, old and new. This is great for the kids (and the adults).
- Movies Under the Stars is offered on select nights out by the Hippy Dippy pool! You’ll be able to watch screenings of classic and newer Disney movies with the family underneath the stars.
- #PopFlashbackFriday – Every Friday at the hotel there are a variety of activities for guests. At the front desk, guests can participate in a scavenger hunt, take photos at the photo booth and do the “hustle” (like I mentioned earlier in the post). Other activities include trivia, guessing games, karaoke, bingo and more. It varies each month! So fun for the kids (and everyone really!)
- In the 70’s themed building of the resort, there is a playground for the kids.
Speaking of fun for the kids activities. Have you heard about the secret meet and greet for Disney characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Go here to read about this sort’ve secret character event!
There are plenty of buses that will take you to and from the parks and Disney Springs exclusively! All you need to do is head over to the pick up station in front of the hotel, get in the line of the park you are going to and it will take you right there! No stops! You can also take the Magical Express which provides complimentary transportation to and from Orlando International Airport!
Everything Pop Shop is a great shopping experience! You’ll find Disney merchandise of all kinds from apparel, household items, stationery, toys and so much more. If you (or anyone in your family) forgot something (like toiletries, etc…) you can pick those up at the shop as well.
There is a nice walking/running trail over by the 80’s section. It goes around the lake and there are facts from the 80s that keep you informed while you’re exercising.
POP Century Pools
Overall, this resort is a fun experience for the entire family! We would stay here again if we could. It’s a lot of fun. It’s also in close proximity to the Art of Animation resort (I actually went exploring one morning and found it). So if you ever wanted to stop by and see that resort, it’s within walking distance!
Share Your Disney Articles With Us on Mouse Fan Monday!
We hope you enjoyed this Disney Moderate Resort review! Be sure to subscribe to our email list so you don’t miss a single review!
If you are also a Disney blogger, drop your link below on our weekly Mouse Fan Mondays Blog Link Up so we can get to know you better.
More Disney Resort Reviews
You Might Also Enjoy