If you are wanting a more traditional and relaxing camping vacation, then this RV Camping Resource on RV campgrounds in Townsend, TN will help you find the perfect campground for your trip.
I’m just going to tell you upfront, Townsend, TN is my favorite Smoky Mountains town. For the time being, Townsend is still considered part of the peaceful side of the Smokies without the added hustle and bustle found in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
If that’s your kind of vacation, then you should stick around. We have rounded up 8 RV campgrounds in Townsend, TN that will help you find your zen.
What is Townsend, TN Known for?
Townsend, TN is the perfect place on the side of The Great Smoky Mountains National Park where you can experience nature in all its glory and at the same time explore activities while discovering your inner zen.
Known as the ‘Peaceful Side of the Smokies’, we have listed some of the activities Townsend, TN is known for that will let you experience peace and serenity.
- Cades Cove – is the most-visited area of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park where you can bike, drive, or walk and see wildlife.
- Enjoy attractions such as horseback riding, tubing, and other family-friendly activities.
- Check out beautiful rock formations at Tukaleechee Caverns
- Townsend Spring Festival & Old Timers’ Day
- Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center- is dedicated to preserving Townsend’s unique culture.
You easily have the Great Smoky Mountains at your doorstep when you stay at one of these RV campgrounds in Townsend, TN.
Join our RV Campgrounds Near Me Group on Facebook to meet more RV camping enthusiasts such as yourself. We share all things RV camping including camping hacks, RV Campground reviews, and fun RV camping stories. Also be sure to follow our RV Campgrounds Near Me Page and Like us on Facebook
Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary
I understand how difficult it can be to plan a trip, especially if it’s your first time going. That’s why I created this 7-day itinerary for the Smoky Mountains. It outlines all of the best places to go in the area and comes with insider tips that will save you a lot of stress–trust me, they saved me when I was planning my own trip!
- Our 7-day itinerary takes you to the best places in the Smoky Mountains.
- You’ll get to see all the best sights and attractions with driving directions
- The itinerary is designed to show you the most scenic routes.
- Packing Checklist for every season.
- You’ll have everything you need to make the most of your trip.
- Insider Tips!
Here’s a quick overview of our Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary.
- Day 1: Cades Cove Loop
- Day 2: Rich Mountain Road
- Day 3: Cataloochee Valley
- Day 4: Newfound Gap Road
- Day 5: Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Day 6: Little River Road
- Day6: Foothills Parkway