The United States has some of the world’s best tourist destinations with each state having its own unique cultural heritage and stunning local attractions. Among the top places to visit in the USA is its Southeast region that is filled with natural beauty spots and unique cultural heritage. And what better way to see and experience its beauty than staying in different RV campgrounds scattered across the region.
Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later
U.S. RV Parks & Campgrounds
There are over 14,000 RV parks in the USA with the Southeastern region having the highest concentration of RV parks and campgrounds. This is not surprising at all since the Southeast region is home to some of the USA’s most beautiful attractions. Aside from the Appalachian mountains covering most of the upper part of the Southeast region, you’ll also find rolling hills, rich river valleys, and plateaus around this part of the region. On the other hand, the lower part of the region is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches and is also known for having the largest and best-known swamps in America.
The states included in the Southeast region are Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
California (8.0%), Texas (6.7%) and New York (5.6%) have the highest concentration of campground establishments. As aCampground Industry Analysis
region, the Southeast (18.8%) has the highest concentration of RV parks and campgrounds.
RV Campgrounds in Tennessee
There are many reasons why Tennessee has been drawing tons of tourists like RV campers annually. Tennessee is famous for being the birthplace of country music and is also known as “The Volunteer State” for its significant role in sending 1,500 volunteer soldiers during the war of 1812. It is also home to some of the best natural, cultural and historical attractions like the city of Nashville and the breathtaking beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. Discover many of Tennessee’s amazing local attractions through excellent RV campground in Tennessee.
- 8 RV Campgrounds In Townsend, TN That Will Get Into the Heart of the Smokies
- Six Super Fun RV Campgrounds In Sevierville, TN
- 9 RV Campgrounds In Chattanooga, TN Your Family Will Love
- Best Campgrounds With ATV Trails in the Appalachian Mountains
- 7 RV Parks Near Memphis, Tennessee You’re Sure to Love
- Best Smoky Mountains Campgrounds The Whole Family Will Love!
- 11 Best RV Campgrounds Near Nashville That Really Rock!
- These Stunning Gatlinburg Campgrounds Will Get You Close To All The Action
- You Should Totally Book One Of these 7 Campgrounds in Pigeon Forge This Year!
RV Campgrounds in North Carolina
North Carolina is certainly a place you should never miss when you travel to the southeastern region. This southeastern state is famous for its long and breezy coastal beach destinations where tourists can do different water activities or simply unwind on its sandy shores. When going around this beautiful state don’t miss a chance to visit mountains in the High Country which is perfect for hiking and swimming in different waterfalls during the warmer months. North Carolina’s ski resorts make an appearance during winter providing plenty of opportunities for downhill skiers and boarders. Year-round, North Carolina is definitely a great destination to visit.
Here are the best RV sites in North Carolina that will make you feel right at home.
- The Best Campgrounds in Maggie Valley, NC
- 6 RV Campgrounds Near Asheville, NC
- Best RV Campgrounds Near Boone, NC That You Absolutely Must Visit
- 8 RV Parks In Outer Banks To Satisfy Your Beach Cravings
RV Campgrounds in South Carolina
South Carolina, also known as the “The Palmetto State” was the 8th state admitted into the Union Aside from its rich history South Carolina has some of the most beautiful beaches, golf courses, and other local attractions for RVers including the beautiful cities of Charlestown And Charlotte. Going around the state is much easier with different campgrounds scattered across the state.
RV Campgrounds in Florida
Florida is one of the biggest tourist destinations not only in the USA but around the world. True to its famous other name, The Sunshine State, Florida is visited by many tourists for its hot summer weather and beautiful beaches perfect to beat the summer heat. The state has 175 state parks, trails, historic sites, and other famous attractions such as Walt Disney World and Kennedy Space Center. There are 175 state parks, trails, and historic sites which draw in over 30 million visitors annually. You’ll also find over 7,500 camp and RV sites that welcomes different types of campers.
- 11 RV Parks In Florida Panhandle
- 13 RV Parks In Southwest Florida That Will Leave You Speechless!
- 14 RV Campgrounds in the Florida Keys You Won’t Believe!
- 11 RV Parks In Florida Panhandle
RV Campgrounds In Virginia
RV camping in Virginia has never been better, with its rich history, local attractions, and stunning natural spots there’s plenty of things to discover around this state. Located along the East Coast, Virginia welcomes everyone to the marvelous Atlantic coastlines, beautiful woodlands, mountain streams, and more. Going around Virginia is also made easier, with various RV sites conveniently located near popular tourist destinations.
- The Best RV Campgrounds near Williamsburg, VA
- 8 Virginia Beach Campgrounds To Add To Your Bucket List
- 7 RV Campgrounds Near Chesapeake, VA
- 10 Great Oceanfront Campgrounds on the East Coast
You Might Also Be Interested In our Other Outdoor Living Posts