In this Smoky Mountains Vacation guide, I’ve put together some of my favorite Smoky Mountains Campgrounds that are perfect for family getaways.
When it comes to outdoor getaways, the Smoky Mountains provide some of the most idyllic campgrounds in the US. Whether you are a seasoned camper or just starting out, there is something for everyone here – from rustic sites to modern RV campgrounds!
In this post, we’ve gathered a few of the best kid-friendly Smoky Mountains Campgrounds as well as some of our other top favorite Tennessee campgrounds in the Smokies for you to check out.
Why Should You Go RV Camping in the Smoky Mountains?
There’s no question that the Smoky Mountains is the premier family RV camping destination in the USA.
There is a reason why The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited park in the United States. Actually, there are several reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- Over 1000 miles of hiking trails for year-round seasonal hiking in the Smokies
- Tons of family attractions in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg
- Fun outdoor adventures like ATV riding, whitewater rafting, ziplining and, snow tubing
- The very popular Dollywood amusement park
- and so much more.
Whether you’re looking for campgrounds with cabins or one that has lazy rivers for the kids to enjoy, this list has got that covered.
How much does it cost to camp in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park?
The cost of camping in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park depends on your ideal camping spot and type of camping you prefer.
- Backcountry reservation fees are $4.00 per person/night, with a maximum fee of $20/person
- Frontcountry camping starts at $30
- Group camping costs range from $30 -$94
Join our RV Campgrounds Near Me Group on Facebook to meet more RV camping enthusiasts such as yourself. We share all things RV camping including camping hacks, RV Campground reviews, and fun RV camping stories. Also be sure to follow our RV Campgrounds Near Me Page and Like us on Facebook.
Download This Smoky Mountain Checklist!
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
If you’re already planning for your camping getaway, you might want to check out this article on how to plan a camping menu and start preparing for the best part of every vacation– good food!
And while you’re at it, why don’t you try this vegetarian campfire nachos recipe that’s perfect after a swim in the lazy river.