Dreaming of a fun winter experience in The Smokies? Great. This Gatlinburg Vacation Guide will definitely pique your interest and tell you everything you need to know about snow tubing in Gatlinburg, TN.
Snow tubing is one of the most popular winter activities in Gatlinburg, TN. It’s a great way to enjoy the snow without worrying about skiing or snowboarding. Plus, it’s super affordable and perfect for families.
Keep reading to know more about the best place to go snow tubing in Gatlinburg, TN.
What Do You Wear Snow Tubing In Gatlinburg?
The best way to dress for the winter is by layering your clothes. Warm clothes like Turtleneck shirts, sweaters, long underwear, and footless tights are great as underlayers.
Wearing socks under your winter boots is better to keep your feet from getting wet or cold. For your safety and protection, you can also wear goggles, gloves, sunglasses, etc.
The park also advises riders to wear pants or jacket/shirt with a hole or loop to fasten the lift or tubing tickets, such as a zipper pull, button-hole, or belt loop.
How Much Does It Cost To Go Snow Tubing At Ober Gatlinburg?
During weekdays or non-holidays, the ticket price for ages 5 and up is $30. While tickets for the weekends and holiday periods would cost $35 for ages 5 and up.
Ages 3 & 4 are free but must be accompanied by a paid adult for each child. Take note that anyone under 3 is not allowed to ride.
One thing’s for sure: the experience is worth every penny!
Tips for Snow Tubing In Ober Gatlinburg
Excited to go snow tubing in Gatlinburg? Better prepare and keep in mind these few tips to enjoy and make the most out of your stay in Ober Gatlinburg.
- Purchase Tickets in Advance– Snow tubing tickets in Ober Gatlinburg sell out fast, so avoid getting disappointed by purchasing your tickets in advance. Aside from online sales, you can buy snow tubing tickets for any available snow tubing session Downtown at the Tramway Mall “Will Call” booth or the Snow Tubing ticket office on the mountain.
- Be Aware Of Restrictions and Other Regulations– For safety reasons, certain age restrictions must be followed. Anyone ages 3y/o and up are allowed to ride but can only ride alone if they are 6 years old and 42” tall. Ensure you also follow safety guidelines in the park and be aware of all the signs.
- Try to Avoid Going On Busy Days– The park gets crowded during the weekends and holidays. If you can go on a weekday, better grab the opportunity! If you don’t have the option of going on a weekday, make sure you allot more time because it may take 2 or more hours to ride the Tramway or park on the mountain during popular days.
- Dress Appropriately– Stay warm by layering your clothes and wearing the right shoes.
- Stay Close To The Slopes– If you’re looking for a place to stay, make sure you pick a place close to all activities.
Download Our FREE Winter Packing List
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
More Recommended Resources
Looking for the perfect gift for an outdoor lover? Put an end to your search with these travel gift ideas from PhotoJeepers. From travel journals to planners, there’s surely something for them here.
Snow tubing is a popular activity for locals and tourists alike in Winter. Check out these other resources on snow tubing:
- Snow Tubing in Pigeon Forge
- Best Ski Resorts in West Virginia
- The Best Destinations for Snow Tubing in Ohio