Dreaming of a fun winter experience in The Smokies? Great. Let’s get outside and go snow tubing in Gatlinburg. And there’s no better place to be than Ober Gatlinburg, which is the best snow tubing park in Gatlinburg. Here’s a quick snow tubing Gatlinburg Vacation Guide to help pique your interest and tell you everything you need to know about snow tubing in Gatlinburg, TN.
Ober Gatlinburg-Snow Tubing
There’s no better place to spend the cold winter days none other than Ober Gatlinburg, Tennessee’s #1 skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing destination.
The opening dates of the skiing and snowboarding season are determined by mother nature. While snow tubing is predictable and will always open on the Saturday before Thanksgiving which runs throughout March.
You can arrive in the mountains without hassle via the Aerial Tramway located in Downtown Gatlinburg which is open daily. This is also a great opportunity to observe the beautiful surrounding Smoky Mountains.
The park features a tubing hill that is 350 feet long with a 50-foot drop, as well as a “Magic Carpet” outdoor escalator that lifts you back to the top of the hills for non-stop fun. Each session is good for 90 minutes and only those ages 3 y/o and up are allowed to ride.
For kids who cannot go tubing, the park offers a Cubbies Snow Zone where they can play, make snowmen, snow angels and discover winter excitement.
How Much Does It Cost To Go Tubing At Ober Gatlinburg?
During weekdays or non-holidays, the ticket price for ages 5 and up is $30. While tickets for the weekends and holiday periods would cost $35 for ages 5 and up.
Ages 3 & 4 are free but must be accompanied by a paid adult for each child, take note that anyone under the age of 3 is not allowed to ride.
What Do You Wear Snow Tubing In Gatlinburg?
The best way to dress for the winter is by layering your clothes. Warm clothes like Turtleneck shirts, sweaters, long underwear, and footless tights are great as underlayers.
Tips for Snow Tubing In Ober Gatlinburg
Excited to go snow tubing in Gatlinburg? Better prepare and keep in mind these few tips to enjoy and make the most out of your stay in Ober Gatlinburg.
- Purchase Tickets in Advance– Snow tubing tickets in Ober Gatlinburg sell out fast, so avoid getting disappointed purchase your tickets in advance. Aside from online sales, you can buy snow tubing tickets for any available snow tubing session Downtown at the Tramway Mall “Will Call” booth or the Snow Tubing ticket office on the mountain.
- Be Aware Of Restrictions and Other Regulations– For safety reasons, certain age restrictions must be followed. Anyone ages 3y/o and up are allowed to ride, but can only ride alone if they are 6 years old and 42” tall. Make sure you also follow safety guidelines in the park and be aware of all the signs.
- Try to Avoid Going On Busy Days– The park gets crowded during the weekends and holiday season. If you can go on a weekday, better grab the opportunity! If you don’t have that option of going on a weekday make sure you allot more time because it may take 2 or more hours to ride Tramway or park on the mountain during popular days.
- Dress Appropriately– Stay warm by layering your clothes and wearing the right shoes.
- Stay Close To The Slopes– If you’re looking for a place to stay make sure you pick a place that is close to all action.
More Smoky Mountains Vacation Resources
- Summer Packing List For The Smoky Mountains
- 23+ Pigeon Forge Campgrounds With Fun For The Whole Family
- Camping In The Peaceful Side of the Smokies: 8 Campgrounds in Townsend, TN
- 10 Fantastic Things To Do In Pigeon Forge For Free