Pigeon Forge is a playground for solo travelers, families, couples, and groups visiting the Great Smoky Mountains. This makes them a great vacation spot in the USA no matter what the season. You may have experienced the best of Pigeon Forge during spring, summer, and fall, but you might ask “ What is there to do in Pigeon Forge in Winter?” Here is our answer to that, here are some unique spots for Snow tubing in Pigeon Forge that you should definitely check out.
Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later
Pigeon Forge Snow – Pigeon Forge Attraction
2533 Teaster Ln, Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge Snow is a unique place to go snow tubing and it is one of the first indoor snow facilities in the USA that offers real snow that never melts all year round. This 35,000-sq.-ft. The indoor facility transforms into a winter wonderland thanks to their state-of-the-art snow-making technology. This Pigeon Forge attraction offers 15 lanes of snow tubing and their snow is made from 100% pure water, without any additives. This place is perfect for all ages because there is always something for everyone to enjoy, plus the snow park is always 60-70 degrees so you won’t need to wear so many layers of clothing inside.
Aside from zooming down the slopes, you can also build snowmen and snow forts in their huge snow playing area. They have a second level that provides a great view of the snow tubing area and features a snack bar and areas for relaxation. One must be at least 3 y/o and 38 inches tall to be able to go on a ride in this snow tubing facility.
Rowdy Bear Smoky Mountain Snow Park
2155 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN
Aside from its breathtaking view, the Great Smoky Mountains is a perfect place for snow tubing. Rowdy Bear’s Smoky Mountain Snow Park offers the longest outdoor snow tubing hill in Pigeon Forge that’s over 500’ long with a 70’ drop. The park also features a Snowpark Play Area where you can build snowmen, snow angels and use the park’s special snow play toys. When hunger hits you, you can get some tasty treats at Sugar Bears Cafe.
Tubing sessions are 90 minutes long and run from 9 AM to 8 PM daily. Please be reminded to wear the proper attire and only those 6 years old and at least 47″ tall are allowed to ride alone.
Where to Stay
If you are looking for a place to stay in Pigeon Forge you should have no problem because there are plenty of accommodations that cater to different kinds of travelers.
- Stay In The Heart Of Pigeon Forge With The Whole Family At Home 2 Suites Pigeon Forge, TN
- Five Kid-Friendly Hotels In Pigeon Forge Near Dollywood
- 9 Pigeon Forge Cabins That Will Make Your Family Feel Right At Home
- You Should Totally Book One Of these 7 Campgrounds in Pigeon Forge This Year!
Tips For a Great Snow Tubing Experience
Although Snow tubing is a relatively easy activity with no expertise needed, there are still a few things that you should remember to enjoy a hassle-free ride down the slopes.
- Always check Park rules and requirements. For safety, there are requirements and restrictions imposed by snow tubing parks including age, height, and weight restriction.
- Dress warm! To protect yourselves from the cold weather and prevent accidents make sure you are wearing the proper attire for tubing.
- Are there other things to do? To maximize your stay, check for other activities offered by the park.
- Make reservations. Snow tubing is very popular and sells out fast especially on weekends and school holidays so you should purchase your ticket in advance.
- Plan a meeting area. If you’re snow tubing with the family with kids it’s best to designate a meeting area so no one gets lost even if you plan to watch the kids throughout.
- Pay attention to the staff’s instructions and observe all signs.
You Might Also Be Interested In our Other Outdoor Living Posts