Are you looking for a new place to ride in the South? Tackett Creek Tennessee ATV Riding is a must-try! Learn more in this recreation ATV riding resource guide.
The North Cumberland WMA just got better! With Tackett Creek’s miles of scenic loops and challenging terrains, you’re in for an adventure. Ride the trails and explore all that this amazing riding destination has to offer.
Embark on an adventure and experience Tackett Creek Tennessee ATV riding– where you’ll find a variety of terrains that range from smooth and hardpacked to rugged and rutted.
These trails will definitely test your skills. For more information on riding these trails, keep reading!
Where Is Tackett Creek Trails?
The Tackett Creek Unit is located near the Sundquist, New River, and Royal Blue units of the NCWMA. It is an important expansion of the management area that provides additional recreational opportunities for visitors.
Tackett Creek is just northeast of Sunquist WMA (which some people call the Royal Blue). Goes from LaFollette (actually Duff) all the way up to Kentucky (along hwy 63).
The trailhead is located behind Pudges Flea Market. To get there, turn north on dirt road and follow it for about half a mile.
How Much Does It Cost To Ride Tackett Creek?
Anyone planning to ride Tacket Creek trails should know that permit is required and costs;
- Nonresidents- Daily permit $37 per OHV
- Residents- Daily permit $15
Passengers and Children 12 and under are Free.
Permits can be purchased online at TWRA website before your entry.
Is it you’re first time riding Tacket Creek Trails? We recommend you take guided tours at Tackett Creek Guide Service, LLC.
Where Should I Stay When Riding Tackett Creek?
A place to stay when riding Tacket Creek shouldn’t be a problem with so many campsites available nearby including;
- Ride Royal Blue Campground– Full-hookup RV sites with direct access to the Tacket Creek Trails
- Tackett Creek ATV Parking & Camping– Offers ATV parking & primitive camping for Tackett Creek
- Stinking Creek Campground– Offer full-service RV sites with easy access to the Royal Blue, Sundquist, and Tacket Creek ATV/OHV trail system.
- Eagle Rock Resort & Campground– Offers full-service 30/50 amp RV sites, fully furnished cabins, loft suites, condominiums and tent sites.
Fun ATV Riding Clothes
While protective gear is essential on the trail, it’s ok to look cute and share your wilder riding side with the world. I’m a big fan of ball caps and love this adorable “ATV hair, Don’t Care” hat from Sew Vivid Design on Etsy. Be sure to Check out all this cute ATV apparel.
Download Our FREE ATV Pre Ride Inspection Checklist Now!
Recommended ATV Riding Resources
- Top ATV Trails Near Me in the Southeast
- Must-Have ATV Accessories
- ATV Riding Clothes– Everything you need to get started
- ATV Trails Near Me Facebook Group
More Related Resources
Tennessee is an ATV rider’s playground. If you’re in search of more thrilling destinations in the area make sure you read our guide to the best ATV Trails In Tennessee!
And if you’re looking for a different kind of off-road action, why not try out Pink Jeep Tours!