Spring has come, and it’s time to go outside! Find out the best things to do in Gatlinburg in April in this Gatlinburg vacation guide.
Celebrate the beginning of a new season and, if you’re lucky, the first few days of warmer weather! Take advantage of all the great activities that Gatlinburg has to offer.
If you’re looking for a spring break destination that has something for everyone, look no further than Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
From hiking to fishing and camping, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
This charming mountain town is nestled in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains and offers visitors a wide variety of activities to enjoy.
Here are a few of the many things to do in Gatlinburg in April.
Is there snow in Gatlinburg in April?
The chances of snowfall in Gatlinburg during April are small. However, it is not impossible for there to be an inch or two of snow.
Gatlinburg generally sees its last snowfall of the season in March.
The average temperature in April is 53 degrees Fahrenheit. However, overnight lows can dip into the 30s, so including a jacket on your spring packing list is always a good idea.
If you are hoping to see snow during your visit to Gatlinburg, your best bet would be to come during January or February.
Festivals & Events in Gatlinburg in April
- Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament (April 1, 2023): A two-day event that occurs in early April in Gatlinburg features two days of fishing, with cash prizes awarded for the biggest fish caught each day. A raffle is held each day, with prizes including fishing gear and gift certificates.
- Mountain Man Memorial March (April 22, 2023): This event is dedicated in honor of America’s fallen heroes. There are march and run events which are further divided into categories based on gender and age.
- Smoky Mountain Music Festival (April 14, 21, 28, 2023): The Smoky Mountain Music Festival is committed to excellence and gives student musicians the chance to show off their skills in a picturesque environment before esteemed evaluators.
- Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage (April 26, 2023 – April 29, 2023): Every year, an exciting nonprofit event takes place where individuals can partake in professionally-guided nature walks, observe vibrant exhibits, and learn about the region’s remarkable natural and cultural heritage.
Is Gatlinburg Crowded In April?
April is a great time to visit Gatlinburg if you want to avoid large crowds.
The weekends can be busy with locals and tourists alike, but overall the town is less crowded than in peak season.
Read our guide on How To Avoid Crowds In the Smoky Mountains
Several events throughout the month draw visitors to the area. So if you’re planning a trip to Gatlinburg during this time, be sure to check the calendar of events before you go.
Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary
I understand how difficult it can be to plan a trip, especially if it’s your first time going. That’s why I created this 7-day itinerary for the Smoky Mountains. It outlines all of the best places to go in the area and comes with insider tips that will save you a lot of stress–trust me, they saved me when I was planning my own trip!
- Our 7-day itinerary takes you to the best places in the Smoky Mountains.
- You’ll get to see all the best sights and attractions with driving directions
- The itinerary is designed to show you the most scenic routes.
- Packing Checklist for every season.
- You’ll have everything you need to make the most of your trip.
- Insider Tips!
Here’s a quick overview of our Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary.
- Day 1: Cades Cove Loop
- Day 2: Rich Mountain Road
- Day 3: Cataloochee Valley
- Day 4: Newfound Gap Road
- Day 5: Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Day 6: Little River Road
- Day6: Foothills Parkway
Get Your FREE Spring Packing List For The Smoky Mountains
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Gatlinburg is not the only place to visit in Tennessee in spring, you’ll also find lots of amazing Things To Do In Pigeon Forge In April.
Bringing the kids with you? Check out this printable Great Smoky Mountains National Park coloring page that is perfect for keeping your little ones occupied when you get stuck in traffic.