If you’re looking for some fun things to do in Gatlinburg in fall, we’ve got you covered. Check out this Gatlinburg vacation guide with our list of the top attraction and activities to enjoy during this time of the year.
Gatlinburg is the perfect place to enjoy all that this wonderful season has to offer. From scenic drives and hikes to exploring the great outdoors, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
The leaves are changing and the air is getting cooler, which can only mean one thing: fall is here! There are so many things to do in Gatlinburg in Fall. Here are just a few of our favorites!
What should I wear in Gatlinburg in the fall?
Assuming you’ll be spending most of your time outdoors, comfortable clothing and closed-toed shoes are a must in your fall packing list. Layers are also key as the temperature can vary throughout the day. A light jacket or sweater should suffice for most days, but you may want to pack a heavier coat for colder evenings.
If you plan on doing any hiking, make sure to wear sturdy shoes and bring along plenty of water. And don’t forget your camera – the fall colors in the Smokies are simply breathtaking!
In general, Gatlinburg is a very casual town, so there is no need to dress up unless you are planning on dining in one of the finer restaurants. Come prepared to enjoy all that Gatlinburg has to offer this autumn!
Is Gatlinburg Fun In The Fall?
Yes, Gatlinburg is fun in the fall! The leaves start changing color and the weather is cool and comfortable. There are also a lot of fun events going on in Gatlinburg during this season.
You can go on ziplining, visit haunted houses, enjoy special fall dishes, and more. So if you’re looking for a fun place to be in the fall, Gatlinburg is the perfect spot!
Festivals & Events in Gatlinburg in Fall
- Fall Jubilee: An event in September where people from all walks of life come together to sing, laugh, and share their faith.
- Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair: This juried fair showcases some of the best Appalachian artists and craftspeople.
- Oktoberfest At Ober: Ober Gatlinburg’s annual Oktoberfest celebration includes Bavarian music, dancing, food, and beer.
- KOA 60th Anniversary Fall Festival: KOA Kampgrounds of America celebrates its 60th anniversary with a weekend of fun activities for the whole family.
- Gatlinburg Winter Magic Kickoff: Gatlinburg kicks off its annual Winter Magic celebration with a weekend of live entertainment, holiday lights, and more.
- Gatlinburg’s Festival of Trees: This annual event features decorated trees, wreaths, and garlands on display throughout Gatlinburg.
- Thanksgiving 2022: Gatlinburg celebrates Thanksgiving with a special parade, turkey trot race, and other holiday activities.
Get Your FREE Smoky Mountains Checklist Now
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Looking for ways to save up some money while visiting Gatlinburg in the fall? Grab some amazing Gatlinburg discount tickets on the top attractions while they last!
Make your trip more exciting by trying out this National Park photo scavenger hunt idea that you and your kids will surely enjoy.