Summer just got hotter with these incredible things to do in Gatlinburg in July. With a little help from this Gatlinburg vacation guide, you’re sure to create summer memories that will last a lifetime.
Gatlinburg is an incredible summer getaway destination for many reasons.
From outdoor activities, unique attractions, fun festivals, and events going on all month long, there is something to keep everyone in the family entertained.
Whether you’re looking for fun in the sun or cool indoor activities, we’ve got you covered!
So, what are you waiting for? Begin planning your trip and prepare for an unforgettable summer vacation.
To start, let’s take a look at some of the best things to do in Gatlinburg in July!
How Hot is Gatlinburg in July?
The weather is usually warmest in July, with an average temperature of 83 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, it can get quite hot, with temperatures sometimes reaching into the high 90s. So be sure to include sunscreen in your summer packing list!
July is also a dry month, with very little rainfall. However, there is always the chance of a thunderstorm. So be sure to keep an eye on the sky!
While occasional rain is possible, hot and humid pretty much sums up the weather in Gatlinburg in July.
To beat the heat, travel to the many swimming areas in Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains.
Is Gatlinburg Crowded in July?
The busiest and most crowded time in Gatlinburg is July.
This is the peak season for tourists visiting the area. Expect large crowds and long lines at attractions.
Plan ahead and make reservations if you can, as hotels and restaurants fill up quickly.
Festivals & Events in Gatlinburg in July
- Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales. Stroll the streets of Gatlinburg and enjoy live music and storytelling from some of the best musicians and artisans in the area.
- Gatlinburg’s Independence Day Celebration. A day of fun for the whole family, including a parade, live music, and fireworks.
- Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair. Browse the wares of over 150 craftsmen from all over the country, including woodworkers, potters, jewelers, and more.
- Smoky Mountain Fan Fest. Get up close and personal with celebrities, vendors, artists, and more, all in one festival that will be held at the Gatlinburg Convention Center.
- Gatlinburg River Rafting Regatta. A family-friendly event featuring raft races, live music, food, and more.
Download Your FREE Family Travel Planner
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Any plans for next month? Summer fun is still not over coz there are still plenty of Things To Do In Gatlinburg In August. Make sure to check them out!
If road trips are your things, I’m sure you’ll love this post about the best summer road trip destinations in the US from PhotoJeepers.