Are you looking for the best things to do in Gatlinburg in May? Look no further, because our Gatlinburg Vacation Guide has all of your May entertainment needs covered!
Gatlinburg, the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, has something for everyone in May! From outdoor activities like hiking and whitewater rafting to indoor attractions – there are plenty of things to do this month.
As the wildflowers fill the Smoky Mountains and the temperatures hanging out in that perfect t-shirt-and-jeans territory, May is a great time to visit Gatlinburg, TN.
If you’re looking to make the best of spring this year, check out these top things to do in Gatlinburg in May!
Is May a Good Time To Go To Gatlinburg TN?
Gatlinburg draws an endless stream of vacationers year-round. The month of May in particular is lovely time to plan a family getaway or a trip with your friends.
There’s plenty to do and enjoy during this time of the year, especially when the weather is moderate and tourism isn’t at its peak.
While May presents an increase in temperature, the weather is still less humid than in the summer months. Rain is also a possibility, so make sure you get your raincoat and umbrellas ready in case it pours.
If you really want to avoid the crowd, pick a date around mid-May; aside from all the family-friendly attractions, you’ll also be more likely to book hotels with cheaper rates.
End your spring break with a blast! Here is a list of best things to do in Gatlinburg in May to help you plan a fantastic getaway with your family or friends.
Gatlinburg Festivals & Events In May
- Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage (May 1- 4, 2024): Explore the Great Smoky Mountains National Park through professionally guided walks. Learn more about the fungi, ferns, wildflowers, trees, medicinal plants, wildlife, and the park’s history.
Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary
I understand how difficult it can be to plan a trip, especially if it’s your first time going. That’s why I created this 7-day itinerary for the Smoky Mountains. It outlines all of the best places to go in the area and comes with insider tips that will save you a lot of stress–trust me, they saved me when I was planning my own trip!
- Our 7-day itinerary takes you to the best places in the Smoky Mountains.
- You’ll get to see all the best sights and attractions with driving directions
- The itinerary is designed to show you the most scenic routes.
- Packing Checklist for every season.
- You’ll have everything you need to make the most of your trip.
- Insider Tips!
Here’s a quick overview of our Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary.
- Day 1: Cades Cove Loop
- Day 2: Rich Mountain Road
- Day 3: Cataloochee Valley
- Day 4: Newfound Gap Road
- Day 5: Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Day 6: Little River Road
- Day6: Foothills Parkway
Get Your FREE Spring Packing Checklist For the Smokies
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
More Related Resources
Looking for unique ways to enjoy the Smokies? Try UTV riding! Here are the best UTV rentals in Gatlinburg, TN.
Add another stop to your itinerary and pay a visit to the whimsical roadside attraction Gatlinburg, The Salt And Pepper Shaker Museum.