There are so many fun things to do in Gatlinburg in Summer! Here’s a Gatlinburg vacation guide with a list of the best attractions and activities that you can pull from for ideas!
Whether you need a fresh game plan this summer or simply looking for ways to surprise your kids with exciting adventures, Gatlinburg offers plenty of ideas for the season.
When the weather is warm and the days are long, there’s no better place to be than Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
This Smoky Mountain town comes alive in the summertime, offering visitors endless opportunities for fun and adventure. Here are the best things to do in Gatlinburg in summer!
What is Gatlinburg Like in the Summer?
The weather in Gatlinburg is usually hot and humid in the summer, with temperatures often reaching into the 80s. However, it can also be cool and breezy at times, especially on higher elevations of the mountains.
Summer is the peak season for tourism, with July being the busiest time of the season. Expect a larger crowd as many people visit Gatlinburg and the National Park to enjoy the summer weather and take advantage of the many outdoor activities available in the area. So make sure you plan ahead and book accommodations in advance.
The summer season in Gatlinburg is the busiest time of year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your time here. There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained, check them all out below!
Festivals & Events in Gatlinburg in Summer
- Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales. Enjoy live music and storytelling from some of the area’s best musicians and artisans while strolling around Gatlinburg.
- Gatlinburg’s Independence Day Celebration. Enjoy a day of family fun as Gatlinburg celebrates July 4th with a parade, live music, and fireworks.
- Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair. See all the products of 150 craftsmen from all over the country, featuring unique creations from woodworkers, potters, jewelers, and more.
- Smoky Mountain Fan Fest. Grab the chance to see your favorite celebrities, vendors, artists, and other folks in this event taking place at the Gatlinburg Convention Center.
- Gatlinburg River Rafting Regatta. Enjoy whitewater rafting and more! The event features raft races, live music, food, and so much more.
- Gatlinburg Songwriter’s Festival. Features live music from some of the best songwriters in the country.
- Smoky Mountain Film Fest. It is a multi-genre, independent film festival that offers awards in various categories. This 2022, The Smoky Mountain Film Festival returns to a physical venue at the Greystone Lodge on the River, Gatlinburg.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Get Your FREE Smoky Mountains Checklist Now!
Recommended Gatlinburg Vacation Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Fun Things to Do in Gatlinburg in March
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
There’s no better way to round out a day of exploring than by enjoying a meal at one of the Best Restaurants in Gatlinburg. Whether you’re looking for a casual bite or a finer dining experience, you have plenty of options to choose from.
If you’re planning a trip to Gatlinburg or the Smoky Mountains, be sure to bring along a travel compact camera to capture all of the amazing views. There are also plenty of opportunities for wildlife photography, so you won’t want to miss out on a chance to get some great shots.