Start planning your winter getaway with this Pigeon Forge vacation guide, featuring the best things to do in Pigeon Forge in December!
With countless attractions to see, activities to do, and events happening throughout this Smoky Mountains town, one thing is for sure, your trip won’t be boring!
While Pigeon Forge is a great destination year-round, the town is a little extra special in the month of December during the holiday season!
Below we have listed all of our favorite things to do in Pigeon Forge in December. Enjoy!
Does Pigeon Forge Have Snow In December?
On average, there are less than 2 inches of snow that fall in Pigeon Forge in December and doesn’t stay on the ground for too long. You’re more likely to see snow if you go to higher elevations in the mountains.
And when you do plan to see the snow up the mountains, make sure you wear winter clothes that are warm enough to combat the cold.
Is It Crowded At Pigeon Forge In December?
Pigeon Forge can be quite crowded during the holiday season. However, this also means that there are lots of festive activities and events happening around town!
If you don’t mind crowds, then you’ll enjoy all that Pigeon Forge has to offer during this festive time of year.
What’s Going On In Pigeon Forge In December?
Here are different Festivals and Events to catch in Pigeon Forge in December.
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas– This holiday season, Dollywood will offer a fun filled Christmas filled with twinkling lights and cheerful sounds! There’ll be a heartwarming holiday show, the chance to catch a festive ride on the Dollywood Express and more! This exciting occasion runs from Nov. 5, 2022 – Jan. 1, 2023 so make sure you mark your calendars!
- Winterfest Lights In Pigeon Forge– Come see over 5 million lights during the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg Winterfest celebration! This annual event runs from November through late February, so come enjoy a winter wonderland while you can.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration– What better way to ring in the New Year than with a fun-filled celebration in Pigeon Forge? From live music and performances to a spectacular fireworks show, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Make sure you’re in town for this exciting event!
Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary
I understand how difficult it can be to plan a trip, especially if it’s your first time going. That’s why I created this 7-day itinerary for the Smoky Mountains. It outlines all of the best places to go in the area and comes with insider tips that will save you a lot of stress–trust me, they saved me when I was planning my own trip!
- Our 7-day itinerary takes you to the best places in the Smoky Mountains.
- You’ll get to see all the best sights and attractions with driving directions
- The itinerary is designed to show you the most scenic routes.
- Packing Checklist for every season.
- You’ll have everything you need to make the most of your trip.
- Insider Tips!
Here’s a quick overview of our Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary.
- Day 1: Cades Cove Loop
- Day 2: Rich Mountain Road
- Day 3: Cataloochee Valley
- Day 4: Newfound Gap Road
- Day 5: Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Day 6: Little River Road
- Day6: Foothills Parkway
Get This FREE Winter Packing List For The Smoky Mountains!
Recommended Pigeon Forge Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Discount Tickets
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Make the most out of your winter vacation and check out more ideas on our list of the best Things To Do In the Smoky Mountains In Winter.
And if you’re on the lookout for the best camera to bring on your trip, read on this post about the best compact travel cameras on the market from PhotoJeepers.