Summer is finally here! We made it through that ceaseless, long winter and can now enjoy our few months of summer holiday bliss. In this Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide, check out 12 super fun things to do in Pigeon Forge in Summer.
Summer is in full swing and family activity is abuzz across this Tennessee mountain community making it the perfect time to make great memories with your family.
Whether you’re looking for some fun in the sun or a cool escape from the heat, this charming mountain town has it all!
To help you plan your perfect summer vacation to Pigeon Forge, here are our top picks for the best things to do in Pigeon Forge in summer.
Is Pigeon Forge Fun In The Summer?
- The weather offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor fun
- Many fun attractions have longer operating hours in the summer
- Plenty of ways to cool off including waterparks and various swimming spots
- It’s close to the Great Smoky Mountains National park
- Unbelievable dining options
- Summer festivals and events
From scenic views, to unique attractions, and historic stops, summer vacations in Pigeon Forge are my favorite.
Is Pigeon Forge busy in summer?
Yes, Pigeon Forge is typically very busy in the summer months as it is a popular vacation destination. Tourists from all over the country flock to this charming city to enjoy its attractions, restaurants and outdoor activities.
Peak season runs from early June through August when temperatures are at their highest and there can be heavy traffic during these months. Visitors should plan accordingly if they want to avoid peak crowds!
Events & Festivals in the Pigeon Forge in Summer
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Summer Celebration: Experience the fun and excitement that Dollywood has to offer during its Smoky Mountain Summer Celebration! Guests can enjoy a wide array of thrilling rides, spectacular shows, and the best food the park has to offer.
- Pontiacs In Pigeon Forge: The Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge event is held annually and features a Swap Meet, classic GTO’s, Firebirds, Fieros, Best in Show, and Best in Stock awards. As well as a Saturday Night Cruise for guests to enjoy.
- A Mountain Quiltfest: Quilting enthusiasts won’t want to miss the annual A Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge. This ultimate quilting event brings together quilters from all around for classes based on skill level and technique. And, of course, a spectacular Quilt Show displaying a variety of quilts for all to see.
- Patriot Festival: Enjoy free music, food, and fun games at this 4th of July event. There will be a fantastic fireworks show to end the event.
- Celebrate Freedom Month: Celebrate Freedom Month in Pigeon Forge from August 1-31. Take advantage of discounts for veterans, current military personnel, police officers, firefighters, paramedics, and emergency medical technicians at local businesses and attractions.
- Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion: Held at the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge, the Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion is an indoor and outdoor event featuring national, regional, and local Jeep accessories vendors.
Get This Smoky Mountains 7-Day Itinerary!
Get Your FREE Summer Packing List For the Smoky Mountains
Recommended Pigeon Forge Resources
- Smoky Mountains Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- Pigeon Forge Discount Tickets
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Want to explore the Smoky Mountains in summer? We’ve made a post about the best Things To Do In The Smoky Mountains In The Summer.
Use this national park photo scavenger hunt to make your trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park more fun and exciting for the whole family.