As summer officially starts, fun things to do in the Smoky Mountains in June are endless! Check out this Smoky Mountains vacation guide for all the best things to try out this month!
Summer is one of the best times to visit the Great Smoky Mountains. With so much to see and do in the area, deciding where to begin can be a tough one. To help you plan your summer getaway, here is a list of the best activities and attractions in the Smoky Mountains in June.
June in the Smoky Mountains is all about celebrating and enjoying the great outdoors, and with the great sunny weather, it’s easy to have the perfect day. If you’re looking for things to do in the Smoky Mountains in June, then this list is for you!
Is June a good time to visit the Smoky Mountains?
The Smoky Mountains is a great vacation destination to visit no matter the season, but traveling to the area in the summer opens you up to tons of exciting activities and attractions that you’ll want to return to year after year.
So why visit in June?
- Sunny days galore
- Lots of fun festivals and events
- Summertime activities and attractions are back in full swing
- Tons of opportunities to beat the heat
- Spectacular mountain forests views
June marks the official start of summer in the Smoky Mountains. With summertime being the peak season in the area, expect that there will be more crowds and traffic congestion.
Nonetheless, nothing beats a summer vacation in the Smoky Mountains!
From indoor to outdoor fun, the Smoky Mountains have plenty of fun destinations for the whole family to enjoy. Get outside and experience the Great Smoky Mountains National park, or flee from the heat in one of the indoor activity centers in the area. No matter where you are in the Smoky Mountains, you’re sure to have a great time.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Get Your FREE Summer Packing List for the Smoky Mountains!
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
The Smoky Mountains is a great destination all year round. Make sure to check out our list of 125+ Amazing Things To Do in the Smoky Mountains no matter the season.
If you’re looking for great places to visit for couples near the Smokies, here is a great post about Ideal Couples Getaway To Washington, North Carolina.