Experience the Smokies like never before with these top things to do in the Smoky Mountains in November! Here is a Smoky Mountains vacation guide to help you make the most of your trip this fall.
Close the autumn season with a bang and welcome in the winter season with fun and festive activities in the Smoky Mountains in November. From watching the leaves change color to Thanksgiving celebrations, there is something for everyone to enjoy this month.
The Smoky Mountains are a great place to visit any time of year, but they’re especially beautiful in the fall. If you’re planning a trip to the area just before the winter, here are some of the best things to do in the Smoky Mountains in November!
Is It Cold In The Smoky Mountains In November?
Yes, it can be cold in the Smoky Mountains in November. The average high temperature in November is only 50 degrees and can dip down to the 30s and 20s usually at night. However, there can be warm days in November, with highs in the 60s.
The average low temperature in November is close to freezing, and snowfall is possible in higher elevations. Although this month is considered the driest period of the year, there may be occasional rain showers.
Make sure you pack appropriate clothing if you’re planning to visit the Smoky Mountains in November, including sweaters, jackets, and pants. You should also be prepared for cold weather activities like hiking and camping.
Festivals & Events In The Smoky Mountains In November
- Pigeon Forge Winterfest(Nov. 10 – Feb. 19, 2023)– See millions of Pigeon Forge Christmas lights, larger-than-life sculptures, holiday shows and much more!
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas(Nov. 5, 2022 – Jan. 1, 2023)– This holiday season, Dollywood invites you to enjoy a colorful Christmas! Enjoy the Dollywood Christmas lights display, lots of Christmas shows, and more!
- Thanksgiving Celebration(Nov 24, 2022)– Come out and celebrate Thanksgiving in the Smoky Mountains! This is a great time to visit with family and friends and enjoy all that the Smokies have to offer.
- Gatlinburg’s Winter Magic (Nov. 10 – Feb. 19, 2023)- Gatlinburg celebrates the holiday season with millions of lights, trolley rides, shows, and more!
- Veterans Day Celebration (Nov. 11, 2022)- Men and women who have served in the Armed Forces are honored annually at this event. The public is invited to attend the parade, enjoy live music, and watch a fireworks show.
- Gatlinburg’s Festival of Trees (Nov. 22, 2022 – Nov. 27, 2022)-The Festival will have a children’s craft and play area, entertainment, photos with Santa Claus, and more!
Where To Stay
Your perfect Smoky Mountain vacation starts at GSM Family Vacations. With a 5BR/5BA cabin complete with over 2600 square feet of finished living space, they have the perfect accommodation for families who want to spread out and enjoy their time in the Smokies.
Soak in the crisp autumn air and take in the natural beauty of the Smokies and rent a cabin today!
Download Our FREE Fall Packing Checklist For The Smokies!
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
More Related Resources
Planning to visit Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge in Fall? Then make sure to check out our list of amazing Things to do in Gatlinburg in November and Things To Do In Pigeon Forge In November!
To capture all the beautiful fall foliage, don’t forget to pack a compact travel camera.