There’s nothing more important than safety when it comes to recreational ATV riding. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top rated ATV helmets for riders, so you can rest assured knowing you’re protected while enjoying the ride.
Helmets are a must! Not only will a helmet protect your head in the event of a crash, but it can also help to keep you cool and comfortable while riding.
There are so many options available on the market, so no matter what kind of terrain you’re tackling or how fast you’re going, there’s a helmet that’s right for you.
If you’re looking for the best ATV helmets, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the top rated ATV helmets available and help you choose the right one for your needs.
How Do I Choose An ATV Helmet?
Here are the key factors you should consider when choosing the best ATV helmet;
- Certification- The two key certifications for ATV helmets are DOT and Snell. These helmets will have undergone rigorous safety testing to ensure that they can protect your head in the event of a crash.
- Comfort- Look for helmets with adjustable straps and cushioned linings. You should also make sure that the helmet is not too tight or too loose. You should know what size of ATV helmet you need.
- Visibility- You want to be able to see clearly while you’re riding, so look for helmets with clear visors or goggles. If you wear glasses, make sure that the helmet you choose is compatible with your prescription.
- Type of ATV helmet– While it may seem that any helmet will do, it’s important that you choose the right ATV helmet for your chosen type of recreational riding as well as the safest helmet available.
How often should I replace my ATV helmet?
It is recommended to replace your ATV helmet every three to five years or after any serious crash. However, depending on the manufacturer’s instructions and how much you use your ATV helmet, you may need to replace it more frequently.
In addition, it is also important to check for any visible signs of damage or wear over time which could indicate that it needs replacing sooner.
Fun ATV Riding Clothes
While protective gear is essential on the trail, it’s ok to look cute and share your wilder riding side with the world. I’m a big fan of ball caps and love this adorable “ATV hair, Don’t Care” hat from Sew Vivid Design on Etsy. Be sure to Check out all this cute ATV apparel.
Get This FREE ATV Pre Ride Inspection Checklist!
Recommended ATV Riding Resources
- Top ATV Trails Near Me in the Southeast
- Must-Have ATV Accessories
- ATV Riding Clothes– Everything you need to get started
- ATV Trails Near Me Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Looking for a new place to ride your quad? Smell the ocean breeze and enjoy a scenic ride on one of the best ATV Riding Beaches In The Southeast.
You can also check out this post about Pink Jeep Tours through the Red Rocks in Sedona, Arizona if you’re in the mood for a unique and exciting adventure.