If you think you’ve seen it all, think again. In this Smoky Mountains vacation guide, we list some of the most unique things to do in the Smoky Mountains that will definitely surprise you!
The Smoky Mountains may be known for being home to some of the most popular attractions, theme parks, and recreational spots in the country. But the Smokies also have a wide variety of offbeat attractions that are just waiting to be discovered. Today, we give you the coolest, most unusual, and unique things to do in the smokies.
If your life is all about discovery, the Smoky Mountains have so many things to offer. With over 500,000 acres to explore, The Smokies abound with unique places and unusual experiences.
And this post serves you a list of the most unique things to do in the Smoky Mountains that will excite and amaze you. Check them out!
What is Unique About The Great Smoky Mountains?
There are so many things about the Smoky Mountains that will surprise you. Here are some of the reasons why the Smoky Mountains are such a unique destination.
- It is home to nearly 20,000 species of plants, fungi, and wildlife, according to the All Taxa Biodiversity Inventory.
- Entrance to the Smokies is FREE!
- Most visited national park in the United States
- It’s the “Salamander capital of the world” with 30 different species of salamanders found in the area
- There are about 1,500 black bears that reside in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Its “smokiness” is actually created by the millions of plants
- There are more trees in the Smoky Mountains than in all of Europe
- Home to Synchronous Fireflies
- There are 2,900 Miles of Streams
It comes as no surprise that the Smoky Mountains are indeed one of the most famous vacation destinations in the US. A getaway to the Smokies offers endless options for families, friends, couples, and solo travelers to enjoy.
And you have probably heard about the most popular attractions in the area, but we know you want to do something you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
So you’ve smashed the standard Smoky Mountains itinerary. You’ve hiked the best trails, seen the best views, and ate your heart out at some of the best restaurants in the area. So what next? Below are some of the most unique things to try in the Smokies that we’re sure you’re going to enjoy.
Can’t Afford a Family Vacation? Think Again!
- Would You Like An Easy Way to keep track of your travel expenses?
- Do you ever feel like you have no idea what you spend on your vacation?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to keep your travel plans and confirmation numbers AND track your spending all on your phone and in ONE place?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then The Travel Expense Tracker™️ can help you.
Gain control of your travel budget so you can travel more NOW and in the future!
Accessible from your tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
Get Your FREE Smoky Mountains Checklist Today!
Related Smoky Mountain Resources
- Pigeon Forge Vacation Guide
- Gatlinburg Vacation Guide
- 125+ Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains
- Great Smoky Mountains Family Vacations Facebook Group
MORE RELATED RESOURCES
Planning a family getaway to the Smokies this summer? Make sure to read our post on the best things to do in the Smoky Mountains in Summer to make the most out of your trip.
Also, add to your adventure these must-see stops on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville by CS Ginger.